I don't love you(MCR songfic)

Well, when you go

Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay

And maybe when you get back

I'll be off to find another way

I just stood there , waiting for you to turn around and tell me that you wanted to start all over again - to make things better or at least bring back what we used to be. You never did though, and I think   you never will either . Every fibre of my body wanted to do it myself, but I knew nothing could change the way you felt about me even if I had to sacrifice my own happiness.

Sometimes, I begged the skies to make you smile so that at least one of us had a complete heart.. You made me feel worthless and unloved. No matter what I did to save what can possibly be the greatest love story,  all my efforts would be put to waste because of how stubborn and self'centered you are. While you fooled around with other women during lazy nights, my tears were streaming down my face as I sat by the corner in pain. Although it was like Hell for me, I didn't give a damn because as long as I had you, everything would be fine. People told me I was being naive and idiotic. At first, I just fought back the surge of depression and gave them a wry smile  But when it started to hurt by just staring at my own damaged reflection in the mirror, It was clear that I had enough. My obsession for you slowly become hate, and the sympathy I had left for myself turned into pity for you.

So, I let you free. And after all this time that you still owe

You're still a good-for-nothing I don't know

So take your gloves and get out

Better get out while you can

So, I set you free. Free in the sense where I didn't have to hold you back from being someone I would never learn to love. I tried convincing myself that this was the right decision, but the glare you gave me that night was enough conviction. Your icy stare pierced through what I thought was real. Realization slapped me into sanity, and I hope I won't screech from a slap again.. You threw away all the time I invested to make this work, but you obviously didn't care. If I told you I regretted what I did, I would be dead by now because of the promise I had with myself to never lie. As a logical person, I respected every inch of my concrete-self. But, do you have what it takes?

When you go would you even turn to say

"I don't love you like I did yesterday"?

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading

So sick and tired of all the needless beating

But baby when they knock you down and out

It's where you oughta stay

All I wanted was for you to tell me that I was capable of being liked. The cries for attention weren't because I needed a simple praise. It was for a reason to live. You used to wrap your arms around me and whisper nonsense into my ear, which gave me the widest grin. There were times when you still bothered to look at me deep in the eyes and say," i love you, Phil! I can't imagine a world without you." then steal a soft kiss with your sweet, luscious lips.

Now, a snarl is all i get. And if I'm lucky, a bitter remark seems to be a blessing. I can't do this anymore though. I want it to end!

Well after all the blood that you still owe

Another dollar's just another blow

So fix your eyes and get up

Better get up while you can

You don't need me, and I am pretty damn sure neither do I. We can both live without each other. Get out of my life before you can't because I won't make it easy for you.  Leave me alone! I don't expect anything from you. So, just let me be, and get yourself together. For so long, you have caused me too many tears, a point of breathing, and faith in love. i had enough...

When you go would you even have the guts to say

"I don't love you like I did yesterday"?