iv ━ 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳, 𝘪 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮

ACT ONE / CHAPTER FOUR

evie's pov

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

REMEMBER  when i said theo may not be as insufferable as i thought he was? i take it all back. just looking at him messing around in potions class was activating my anger issues. it's the fact that i knew he was going to ace his potions exams anyway even without paying any attention.

what an annoying motherfucker. it's like he knows how to get on my nerves without even specifically trying to get on my nerves. 

i looked at him with a clenched jaw, my eyes narrowed as i watched him joking around with his friends, the grip i had on my quill tightening. how was it that he could so easily aggravate me but he somehow stayed unbothered? was i really that hotheaded? 

"evie, chill", pansy whispered to me as my quill was at it's breaking point. i turned my head to look at her, finally loosening my grip. i sighed and gave her a faint smile, massaging my palm slightly.

"oi, bradford!", there it was, like a mosquito that just won't leave you alone, like a ringing in your ear that won't stop. i rolled my eyes and turned away from pansy to, once again, face theo.

"i heard you couldn't fight off your boggart on your own in defense against the dark arts the other day, it must've turned into your final o.w.l grade in potions next to mine, am i right? that exceeds expectations surely can't compare to my outstanding."

i bit the inside of my cheek, i stared at the smirking boy, my eyes still narrowed. "no, actually it turned into your ego. i got scared because i've never seen something so delicate." i snapped back, returning his smirk.

he nodded in defeat, still smirking and poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue before turning back to his friends.

bradford - 2
nott - 2

it's about time. maybe some sense was finally knocked back into the world. 

⋘⎯⎯⎯⎯ ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⋙

"I'VE  honestly never heard of a student who hasn't fallen asleep during history of magic." pansy ranted to me as we did our transfiguration homework together.

i grinned at her. "honestly, i'm pretty sure even granger has fallen asleep in that class, which is saying a lot." i replied, crossing out a wrong answer i had written down. i looked around the common room, observing these people, some of which i have known all my years at hogwarts, and some of which i've just met recently.

my eyes stopped on daphne, she stood there, talking to her younger sister astoria near the fireplace. i looked away. how was i supposed to apologize to daphne? she wanted nothing to do with me. i really messed everything up. 

my gaze dropped down to my now finished transfiguration homework. pansy gave me a 'can i copy it please'  look, i smiled and nodded, pushing the paper more towards her side. 

i rested my face in my hand, now glancing over at the boy i loathe most. there he was, sitting with our friends, manspreading on the couch. he may be absolutely unbearable but there's no denying that he's extremely gorgeous. i found myself admiring him, merlin, what the fuck was going on? suddenly, his eyes met mine and that familiar annoying smirk made it's way to his face again. he winked at me.

"piss off", i whisper-yelled at him from across the common room. 

yet his ocean blue eyes continued to look in mine. i really felt like i was gonna sink and drown and die in his gaze. something about his eyes made me weak, but no way in hell was i going to let him win, even if heaven was in his beautiful eyes.

i gave him a sarcastic smile before turning my head to focus on something else. i didn't have time for him, i had more important things to worry about rather than theodore nott. but, merlin, was it easy for him to creep his way into my mind. i felt pansy lay her head on my shoulder, i turned my head towards her once again, noticing that she finished copying my homework. 

i took her hand and fidgeted with her fingers, playing with some of the rings she had on. "where's this one from?", i asked her as i played with a jade crystal ring on her middle finger, "it's new."

"mayra gave it to me", pansy replied, her eyes fluttering shut.

mayra fallon, a pretty slytherin girl in our year. she has a love for journalism, running the hogwarts gossip paper that pansy and i occasionally helped with. i looked over at couch near the fireplace, mayra sat there with draco's head in her lap as she was reading a book.

mayra and draco had been a couple since fourth year, after the yule ball. it was about time draco gathered up the courage to ask her out, he had been crushing on her since second year. 

it was honestly funny to see how flustered he would get around her. the way he would try to impress her in quidditch matches or how he would look at her to see if she laughed after throwing an insult at potter.

other than her obvious love for gossip and drama, mayra is a very sweet girl. she's particularly close with luna lovegood, being best friends since first year despite being sorted into separate houses.

"speaking of mayra", pansy began, "have you read the new issue of 'student scandals' yet?"

i shook my head, i hadn't had the time yet. pansy smirked. "oh, you're gonna hate this", she told me, taking a folded newspaper out of her robe pocket and handing it to me.

i scoffed and unfolded it, skimming over some of the usual gossip before noticing a specific small headline. 'pure hatred or pure affection? who can tell?'

'slytherin's theodore nott and evangeline bradford have been at each other's throats since their second year, but is it possible that now their tongues are down each other's throats? could their rivalry just be a coverup for a secret romance that they've been strictly keeping to themselves? theo and evie are both close friends of mine so i'd hate to expose them like this, but as you all know by now, gossip is gossip and i can't keep something as interesting as this to myself. stay scandalous. sincerely yours, -mayra fallon.'

i clenched my jaw. i love mayra, i really do, but sometimes it's so easy to hate her a little. i'm kidding. i don't mind it, gossip isn't always a bad thing and i gave her permission to write about me, but did it really have to be about me and theodore? you've really outdone yourself this time mayra fallon.

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

A/N  HELP SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR A WHILE, i've been very unmotivated lately and didn't have many ideas for this chapter but i finally sucked it up and forced myself to finish it. anyway, this chapter is dedicated to my friends mayra, lily, aylina and elijah for supporting me and keeping me motivated. love my pookies 👹👹