Chap 9 - The Villain Wasn't Supposed to Be a Licking Dog for the Heroine Part 2

(Suzune POV.)

Damn it, damn it all. I've never experienced such a thorough humiliation in all my life. That absurd training maniac and that infuriatingly smug maid. This is beyond infuriating, seriously.

That incessant giggle of hers grated on my nerves like sandpaper. Damn it...

...

"Suzune-sama, why the long face? Are you angry?" The one I least wanted to see appeared before me, just as I was considering making my retreat to my own sect.

"I'm not angry, Amanda. It's just... well, it's hard to put into words. Let's just say I'm in a hurry," I replied, my words laced with frustration.

"Yes, fufufu, in quite a hurry, it seems. But come on, why the rush? Oh, by the way, Master Ryujin didn't exactly seem overjoyed about the whole... fufufu, marriage news."

"Well, he was in the middle of one of his infamous workouts, so maybe that's why," I muttered, struggling to maintain composure.

Dammit, dealing with this girl was an exercise in futility.

"Perhaps, he does have a tendency to take training rather seriously. Who knows, maybe he won't even have a spare moment for you once you're married..."

Amanda's words were drenched in mischief, a sly grin playing across her lips.

Damn her and her constant teasing. It was like she took pleasure in poking holes in my already chaotic world.

"So, Suzune, if you don't mind, I'll be heading back to Master Ryujin now."

With those words, Amanda took her leave.

Well, it's about time for me to return to my own sect and report that the introductions are all wrapped up. Despite the near-death experience courtesy of Alexia, I'd say things turned out rather well. After all, she didn't actually inflict any physical harm on me.

So, I guess you could say this is a complete turnaround. In fact, it's more like a resounding victory on my part.

(Amanda POV.)

After aiding Ryujin-sama with the final stretches of his training session, I retreated to my room. This ritual has been an intrinsic part of my routine since our childhood days, and it's a fragment of time I secretly savor.

Ah, the gratification...

The vision of Ryujin-sama's sculpted physique, adorned with glistening droplets of sweat from his arduous workout, his attire clinging to his form in all the right ways, accentuating every muscular contour. It's an indulgence for my eyes, one that never fails to elevate my spirits.

And, in return, it fuels a sentiment within me that's beyond mere contentment.

"Hehehe, that little girl thought she could just waltz in and snatch Ryujin-sama away," I titter to myself, recalling the earlier encounter with that audacious girl. She dared to provoke me, to evoke my jealousy. But, oh, the irony of it all.

For you see...

Ryujin-sama hardly spared her a glance. His attention was riveted elsewhere, far from her presence. The sight of her vexed expression, twisted by frustration, was a true delight to behold.

"Fufufu..."

"Nee-sama?"

A voice echoed from outside my room, a voice that belonged to Lexia.

"Come in, Lexia-chan. You're always welcome."

Lexia, my dear sister, entered the room, her innocent eyes unknowingly reflecting my hidden emotions.

"Nee-sama, you seem to be in quite a good mood. May I ask what happened? Just a while ago, you seemed rather upset."

A dark smile tugged at the corners of my lips.

"You could say I had the pleasure of witnessing something truly fascinating."

"Oh? What could it be?" Lexia's curiosity was like a spark igniting the fire within me.

"It was a certain pest, attempting to weave her sly web around Ryujin-sama."

Lexia's eyes widened, sensing the intensity in my voice. "Are you talking about Suzune-sama?"

"Yes, indeed."

"But, Nee-sama, you must be careful. Suzune-sama's family holds considerable power."

My laughter carried an unsettling edge. "Power, my dear Lexia, can be both an advantage and a weakness."

"Nee-sama, are you...?"

"Ah, my apologies, Lexia. It's just that I can't help but feel protective of what's rightfully mine."

"It's just... Well, I can understand your sentiments. I love Ryujin-sama too...."

I chuckled softly, patting her head affectionately. "You're still quite young to be thinking about such matters, Lexia."

She blushed, embarrassed by my teasing.