Chapter 172: Temporary Farewell (2)

A few days passed. Until mid-November of 1796, the group at Tikan continued their congregation.

An artifact that could find contractors.

They predicted that the Zipfels had such an item ever since Jin's battle against Andrei. However, only after hearing the word 'Compass' did they feel a little uneasy.

"First, kiddo, send Ice Cream and Enya somewhere else. Before we get the Compass, we should send the contractors somewhere else."

A consensus.

What would the Zipfels do before returning the Compass to the Kinzelo Group?

They would try to hunt as many contractors as possible, granted that they hadn't successfully duplicated the artifact yet. Tikan was a great hunting ground for them. The city had three contractors packed together, was not associated with any of the world powers, and did not have any all-powering being residing within.

However, they just assumed that the artifact was imperfect when they failed to find Euria and kidnapped Lathry.

What if the Compass then pointed towards one of the contractors in Tikan?

A horrible problem would arise.

"Even after they return the Compass, they could definitely craft a similar item. But I've never heard of an artifact that can find contractors. If it isn't the God of Fragmenting, then that kind of item can't exist."

Murakan and Quikantel did not think of Bouvard as a mere contractor, but the resurrection or second-coming of Well.

"Even if the Zipfels crafted something similar, it'd definitely be imperfect. It won't be as good as Bouvard's. It'll be a little dangerous when that happens. They're probably ramping up their contractor hunting game while they have an actual Compass, which is right now."

The group decided to send Jin, Enya, and Euria away from the city for that reason.

"Enya, Euria, and Miss Alisa should request protection from the Hidden Palace. They somewhat know our situation. And even if the Zipfel Clan finds them in the Hidden Palace, they can't do a thing."

They decided to send Enya's brother, his old dog, and Lathry to the Hidden Palace as well. Meanwhile, Murakan, Gilly, Kashimir, and Jet decided to stay in Tikan.

Despite the fact that he was about to leave his wife and daughter for an unknown amount of time, Kashimir looked calm.

Who would want to be far away from their loving family? However, this was a problem with his daughter's life and Tikan's well-being on the line.

Above all, Euria was already a priority on the Zipfels' list. They needed to be careful.

"What happens if the Hidden Palace denies our request?"

To Gilly's inquiry, Murakan shook his head.

"The Master of the Hidden Palace wouldn't do that. She'd think of this as a chance to repay the debt for her daughter's special fiancé, Strawberry Pie."

"Hmm, fiancé... Do you really think so?"

"I guarantee it. If it fails, I'll pull some strings. That woman seems to have some interest in me as well. I heard her say the word 'handsome' so many times back in Kollon."

Murakan bragged a bit, then glanced at Gilly.

No, everyone in the meeting room very obviously waited for Gilly's reaction, hoping to possibly see a hint of jealousy.

She just sighed worrisomely. No specific reaction. Showing no sign of envy, she was clearly distant from Murakan.

"Ehem... Anyway, don't worry too much."