Chapter 169: The Fragmentor of Chaos (4)

It was a blatant lie, but it was Jin's only choice since he slipped up in front of Vishukel.

'Vishukel Yvliano. Just one mistake and he'll become a pain in the ass. I have to conjure something that he'll believe...'

Vishukel tilted his head, shook it, and kept a sharp eye on Jin.

"To meet me instead of Bouvard?"

"Yes."

"For what reason... Oh, that's why."

Jin looked hungry for a fight as his expression looked inviting. Vishukel smiled in interest.

"Would you like to duel me as a provisional flag-bearer?"

'Not a bad reaction.'

"It's embarrassing to admit, but that's true. Since I can't personally go to the Yvliano Clan with my current status as a provisional flag-bearer, I first sought Bouvard, someone who Lady Margiela referred to as a 'friend'."

Vishukel flinched at the word 'friend'.

"Hm, so you're basically saying that you tried to meet me through Bouvard."

Vishukel didn't ask Jin as to how he found the workshop's location. There was no reason for the Runcandels to not investigate Bouvard who dueled the banquet's host.

"Although, I wasn't lying about having a bust of my father created. If I knew that Bouvard was the most talented fragmentor of this city, I wouldn't have searched the streets this entire time."

A silence passed.

Jin didn't know if his lies worked on Vishukel, but he wasn't desperate to find out. Vishukel took out a cigarette.

Scritch.

He scraped a match on the box's match striker, and smoke fluttered into the air.

Vishukel took a second puff when half of the cigarette was burnt as he organized his thoughts on Jin's unexpected appearance.

"...That day, the duel was quite memorable. I also waited for the day to duel you."

"Thank you for the compliments."

"However, now is not the time."

"Why not?"

"Even though a rose grows some thorns, I should never step on a growing flower. Young Master, as someone older than you, allow me to advise you. Excessive bloodlust is poisonous."

Jin's pupils shook.

'Look at this guy...'

It was a lie turned challenge, but he didn't need to be this patronizing.

However, Jin shouldn't rebuke it.

"After becoming a provisional flag-bearer, I fought many enemies. But it seemed my opponents were always a bit lacking. I don't get the same rush that I got when I fought you. The feeling of using the Mind's Blade."

"Please don't embody your current achievements as your whole self, Young Master."

"Those achievements almost caused some horrible accidents on the duel that day."

The level of provocation rose.

Nonetheless, Jin knew that Vishukel wouldn't want to fight him anyway.

'He isn't someone to fall for these provocations, and he won't earn anything out of a battle.'

Vishukel was currently an 8-star. Jin was announced to be a 5-star at the banquet. A sizable skill gap existed between them.