Cheater

It's been a few weeks since mom and I had that chat.

Ever since then, I began to notice she was right. It felt fucked, seeing dad and Uncle Martin take credit from the crew at interviews.

But I was still curious to know why Mom was so upset. She seemed used to the credit, but something else was bugging her.

I was outside practicing my tricks on a skateboard uncle Jimmy had gotten me. I was using the Tortuga ramp as a practice ramp. "¡Hijo! ¡Por dios! You're gonna fuck up the metal!" Mom rolled her eyes.

"I'm just skating!"

"I'll make you buff it out yourself Kratt!" Aunt Koki laughed.

I stuck my tongue out at them both.

"I'll put that tongue back in your mouth you smart mouth!" Mom threatened.

I laughed, causing mom to throw an empty bottle of water at me. It hit me square on, which I think is quite impressive.

"Vas a ver canijo." She glared.

"Sorry."

"That's what I thought. Be inside by ten. You have that online test tomorrow."

"Yes Mami." I groaned. She shook her head and went back inside.

I kept trying to do a kick flip. Dad walked out of the Tortuga, seemingly in a hurry. He was on the phone with someone. "Yeah yeah I'll be there soon."

I decided to follow him on my skateboard.

He was driving pretty fast, but luckily he was on the street. I noticed him go to a more residential area.

I stopped and hid into a bush when I saw his car come to a stop in a driveway. A woman came out of the home, smiling. She looked young.

I decided to sneak closer, using the skateboard to propel myself to the bush by the porch. I could hear them now.

"I'm glad you could come."

"I was in the area darling, how could I resist?"

"Your wife won't find out?"

"My wife is too busy doting on my son."

"Beer?"

"Sure." He sat on the porch. The woman returned with two bottles.

"You know, I'd be careful with skanks like her. She's probably fucking her own son."

"I wouldn't be surprised. She hates it when I give her attention but when I don't, she cries that I don't love her."

"She sounds like a bitch."

"She is." He took a drink. "I regret knocking her up. I mean I was twenty, what the fuck did I know? She said she was infertile but clearly fucking not."

"I mean, it happens."

"Yeah,that kid is a fucking mistake. I mean I kinda care about him I guess, he's still my kid."

Yeah, thanks Dad.

"My brother keeps almost spilling the beans that I'm fucking other women."

"He knows?"

"Yeah he caught me balls deep in a slut once. I told him to shut the fuck up about it or I'd fuck his girlfriend too."

I... didn't need to know that. Why is he being so descriptive?

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean I'll admit my wife's body is still attractive, I'm just not feeling the reason to stick it in."

"What about me, am I attractive?"

"What do you think baby?" He chuckled, "You're sitting on it."

Eww, eww.

I'd much rather hear my parents fucking than hearing him with a stranger.

"Inside or in your car?"

"Let's go inside, I don't want any evidence on my car. I told you this would be low key."

"I hope we can turn it high key." She giggled.

I was in awe as the door shut. How could someone be this vile about their own family?

I decided to head home on the bus. I needed some time to think. Thank goodness he took the creterra. I reached over the door and took some coins from the little pocket, then went to the bus stop. I was having a moment of confusion. Do I tell Mom? Keep it to myself? No, I couldn't live having to keep it from my mother.

I heard my phone ring and answered.

"Hi baby."

"Hi Mami."

"So... care to tell me why the hell you're in the city?"

I FORGOT MOM HAD A TRACKER ON MY PHONE.

"No reason.. just... exploring."

"WHAT IS A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD BOY DOING EXPLORING THE CITY THIS LATE AT NIGHT?!" I pulled my phone away, I could hear her from it even a good ten inches away. "¿¡QUE CREES?! ¿QUE ESTOY PENDEJA? ¿¡QUE NO IBA A SABER DONDE FREGADOS ESTABAS A ESTÁ HORA?! ¡TE DIJE QUE A LAS DIEZ!"

I looked at my watch. Fuck. It's 9:50.

"I'll be right there mom, I'm going back home right now! Promise!"

"You better before I drag your ass home myself!"

"Yes mother!"

"Don't you yes mother me! You're grounded when you get back!"

"Yes mom okay, I'll let you go, the bus driver is glaring at me."

"Don't you-!"

Great, now I had another thing to worry about. But not as bad as this.