Do You Know Eva- Chapter Thirteen

Почніть із самого початку

The school hallway is buzzing with new rumors on Monday morning. The cheerleaders, the jocks, the nerds, all the different cliques forming to discuss the new couple. I walk over to my locker and listen to the group of cheerleaders talking.

“Did you hear about Jason?” Bella, the head cheerleader says.

My heart begins thumping. Crap, Jason told someone about me being pregnant.

“No! Oh my god what?” another, over excited one replies.

“He is going out with that new girl, Mindy what's her face.”

“O-M-G you guys. Bella what are you going to do? She can’t have your man.”

I zone out. I couldn’t give a rat’s ass about Jason right now, or his love life. But why does the name Mindy seem so familiar. I slam the locker and walk into Health class where Ms. Jones sits behind the desk.

“Eva. How are things?” she asks, pleasantly.

“Don’t ask.” I throw my bag onto the floor and take a seat at the back of the class. Slowly, the room starts to fill. This class is one of those classes where no one settles down, I mean we are teenagers; we don’t care about health studies. But I guess if I did care, I wouldn’t be in this predicament now. Jones stands up.

“Class, settle down.” the noise level decreases and most of the students face the front. “Today we are going to be discussing teenage pregnancies.” She announces a slight glance towards me.

“Now, we teachers aren’t stupid. We know that three quarters of you have already engaged in sexual activities.” The occasional laugh from the class clowns breaks the stunning silence now in the room.

“We know we can’t stop you. But we can prepare you.”

The class continues on as Jones discusses the typical topics, wear protection, STDs, blah, blah, blah.  I start to zone out but quickly I look up when I hear Jones tone changing. She is speaking more personally now.

“Pregnancies always happen to people who don’t want them, and never to people who are trying.” There is an awkward silence as Jones returns to her desk and inhales. The bell rings and the students pour out. I linger behind and walk up to Jones when the room is completely empty.

“You and your fiancé… you’ve been trying for a baby haven’t you?” I ask, getting the real message from the class.

“We were,” she splutters, trying to hold back from crying, “until yesterday. We went to a specialist. She told me I can’t have babies.”

To see Jones so upset about not being able to conceive really gets to me, considering that I have a baby growing and I don’t even want it. Something so life shattering to both of us, she wants one but cannot have one, I have one but do not want it. I can tell from looking into her eyes that this is important to her, like her future marriage depends on it. But then a sudden thought hits me.

“You can have mine.”

She looks up from her desk, shocked by my suggestion.

“Don’t be so silly Eva. I can’t have your baby.” She says, wiping under eyes.

“Why not? I mean it’s pretty obvious you want one and I think it’s pretty obvious that I don’t.”

“Yes Eva, but its not that simple. You can’t just hand me a baby and that’s that. It’s not an object. It’s a tiny human.”

“Look Jones, I have never felt so right about doing something like this before. This is the answer I have been searching for. Would you rather it grew up with me, with someone who looks at it as a mistake? It would never feel love like the type you could give it. You would make a great mother, and you will someday. I am giving you the opportunity to make that someday, now.”

She stands up, clearly touched by my sudden gesture.

“Are you sure Eva? You have to be sure.”

“Never been surer, in like, ever!”I laugh.

“I’ll pay for all the doctor bills. I’ll be with you every step of the way.”

“Of course. I’ve got my first scan coming up. I’m sure you’ll want to see that.”

She smiles, she looks so happy. I feel great knowing that I am about to change somebody’s life. The sudden hatred towards the tiny human growing inside of me is turning to excitement.

“You have just made me the happiest woman in the world. Thank you so much Eva.”

I walk down the school hallway thinking of the decision is just made. I feel better knowing that the baby will be loved. I reach my locker and throw my books in and grab my bag. When I close it, Grace is standing there.

“What do you want?” I ask, trying to sound like I didn’t want to see her.

“I want to apologize about last night. I didn’t know that you and Jessica were a thing. If it helps nothing happened between us. It probably doesn’t help. Oh gosh look at me, barely here a week and I’ve already made an enemy.” As much as I feel hatred towards her, she does look innocent.

“It’s okay. I don’t blame you. But what Jessica and I have is special, and I plan on fixing what we’re going through. She’s just upset, that’s all.”

“I know. We talked about you all night, well she did. You sound like a great person Eva and I really wish we can be friends. Shoot- I have to meet my sister. Talk later Eva and I really am sorry.” She smiles and turns away.

“Grace… what did you say your sisters name was again?” I ask.

“Mindy. Bye Eva!” she turns and runs down the hallway. I close the locker door and see the everlasting stain of the word DYKE before leaving the school.

Who knew what tragedy would take place here tomorrow in this small town school, the pain that will be caused, the futures that will be destroyed? The school bell rings and the parking lot fill up with parents collecting their children. By this time tomorrow, police cars and ambulances will be flooding the scene. And the small town of Rivendale will be put down in history and our school will be known as the place where tragedy struck.

Chapter Fourteen

-The Shoot Out-

READ ON!

HEY you guys, Sean here, obviously, just want to say a quick word:

Tonight, my internet is leaving me for like 10 tens, so I’m super angry over that, so for you guys I will be uploading this chapter and the next chapter, which is the disaster chapter I was telling you guys about- it’s sorta awesome! Please excuse this chapter, I know it was lame, but I just wanted a few chapters where nothing crazy happens, I think Eva has been through enough for a while!

But anyways, I am going to miss you guys so much while I’m away, but Imma try to get onto the internet where-ever I am. But for now keep reading and if I don’t reply to your comments, you know I have no connection.

And as always, comment and vote for the watty award! :D

PEACE you guys!