Do You Know Eva- Chapter Eleven

• Dedicated to Eilish Mansfield

Do You Know Eva?

-Chapter Eleven-

-Disastrous Test, Disastrous Results–

The school bell rings, we all jump off of our seats. The class pours out of the room as I pack my bag. Ms. Jones turns around from clearing the board. I realize how beautiful she is. She has long, brunette hair that hangs in curls to her neck. She has chocolate brown eyes and luscious lips and she always dresses to impress even though she has a fiancé.

“Eva, you okay? You seemed a bit… distant today.” She asks in a worried tone. A hate that worried tone.

“I’m fine Miss.” I lie. I seem to be saying I’m fine a lot, when I’m really not. I mean people should just stop asking me that question.

“Something troubling you, Eva?”

“No, no it’s nothing. I have to go.” I say, awkwardly and walk towards the door.

“Whatever it is Eva, you can tell me.” She says, sensing that something is definitely up. I turn around to face her.

“Oh yeah? Okay how about this,” I say to her, all ready on the verge of crying, “my mom, who stabbed me by the way, came home last night seeking forgiveness, and I being stupid me forgave her. Hmm, what else, oh yeah Jessica can’t decide whether she loves me or not, I mean make up your mind girl our relationship is like a light bulb. Oh yeah and I’m pregnant now with some stupid, stupid mistakes baby and I … cant tell Jessica, the only person who actually give a crap about me, because then she know that I slept with the stupid mistake! So to answer your question Ms. Jones, there is definitely something up!” I break down and cry. Jones walks over to me, sits me down at one of the desks and puts her arm around me.

“Eva, you are mistaken to think that no one cares for you. What you are going through, you don’t have to go through alone. I’m sure Jessica will forgive you, in time. Don’t be so fast to judge people, because that’s the one thing that people do to you, and you don’t deserve it. You are a lovely, beautiful young girl. I don’t want to know who the mistake is, but I do think you should let him know. Don’t you think he should know?”

“Yeah, you’re right.” I wipe the tears away. “Thank you Miss.”

“No problem Eva. Do you know what might be a good idea? Have you gone to the TTP lately?” she asks.

“The what?”

“The Troubled Teens Program,” she explains, “they are always there to help.”

“No. I haven’t been to one of their meetings in so long.”

“Do me a favor, Eva. Go today, after you’ve told Jessica and the mistake about the situation, go to the meeting, they will be there to listen.”

“Okay.”

“Okay.” She smiles, pulling my arm. “Cheer up girl, you are not alone, don’t make yourself feel that way.”

I sit in Chemistry, contemplating on who to tell first. Maybe I won’t tell them at all; maybe I will get an abortion. No, this may be a mistake but I don’t think I could go through with that, besides I would still have to tell Jessica, one way or another, no matter which road I go down, I am going to lose Jessica. That’s for sure. The door to the class room opens revealing a small, blonde girl, holding a load of books and a sheet.