20. pity partys in flames

Start from the beginning

Vaemond begun walked to the front and began speaking, "My Queen. My Lord Hand. The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies. House Velaryon has rules the seas. When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing they were to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name. I have spent my life on Driftmark defending my brothers seat. I am Lord Corlys's closest kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins".

"As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon", Rhaenyra defended immediately not looking at the man who was getting on her last nerve. "If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant it's rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and for your own ambition—".

"You will have chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra", Alicent cut the woman off with an exhaustive expression. "Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard".

Vaemond turned to Rhaenyra again and Roseva narrowed her eyes at him, "What do you know of Velaryon blood, Princess? I could cut my veins and show it to you and you still wouldn't recognise it".

Rhaenyra scoffed and looked away, Steffon rubbed her back softly but kept his hand on the hilt of his sword, as did Rewan from beside Robert.

"This is about the future and survival of my house, not yours", Vaemond continued before looking at Lucerys who looked back with a thick swallow, feeling nervous, "My Queen, my Lord Hand. This is a matter of blood, not ambition. I place the continuation of the survival of my house and my line above all. I humbly put myself before you as my brother's successor . . . the Lord of Driftmark and Lord of the Tides".

"Thank you, Ser Vaemond", Otto nodded and the man stepped back to his side of the room. "Princess Rhaenyra, you may now speak for your son, Lucerys Velaryon".

Rhaenyra looked to her husband before rubbing her belly and walking forward, "If I am to grace this farce with some answer. I will start by reminding the court that nearly twenty years ago, in this very—".

Rhaenyra was cut off as the doors swung open, Roseva turned to see them reveal the King Viserys holding his cane. Her lips parted in shock, she turned to her husband who also seemed shocked as he looked at his brother in curiosity.

"King Viserys of House Targaryen, the First of His Name, King of the Andals, and the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm", the Kingsguard spoke loudly. Daeron raised an eyebrow and nudged Roberts shoulder who looked back at his brother with a smug grin — knowing if Viserys was here it was to defend his daughter.

The King stepped down the narrow steps and took his time walking towards them, half his face was covered in a golden mask with a crown on top of his hairless head — the cane hit the floor with every small step he took that eventually led him to his daughter at the front.

Rhaenyra gave him a shocked half smile as she recalled begging him to help her, and he was.

He continued walking forward, back hunched over and brushed away any guards who'd try and interfere every time he stopped to take a breath.
When he reached the stairs of his throne, Otto stood at the bottom of it now, "I will sit the throne, today", he turned his head to Otto, the man bowed his head and joined his daughter who has closed her eyes.

Viserys heaved himself up every step, groaning each time, the crown slipped off his head, making him stop, the clatter sent a silence through the room. Daemon let go of his wife gently and walked forward and grabbed the crown, he inspected it for a moment before helping his brother up onto the throne and placed it on his head with a bow.

DRAGONS HEART.   daemon targaryen On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara