16. bigger than the whole sky

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

MATURE CONTENT: while at a funeral 🧍🏻‍♀️

ROSEVA, DAEMON AND THE CHILDREN set off to Driftmark as soon as the letter had arrived, the woman wasted no time ordering for their things to be packed and for a ship to be sailed so they could attend the funeral in time

By the time they had arrived it was too late for any introductions to be made so they went to their respective chambers and slept. The next morning they got ready and went out where everyone was already residing.

Roseva felt out of place as Rhaenyra and Alicent were not in sight yet so she rubbed her belly and watched her children talk among themselves.

Rhaegar and Rhaena looked through the formers journal as the girl pointed out things that the boy could write in there. Daeron and Robert stood beside each other and discussed their training while Daeron tried his best not to glare at people looking at them.

Roseva was feeling unwell, she had heard that Otto was back in Kings Landing serving as the Kings Hand again after the passing of the Strong's.

Robert hadn't seen his father since he had witnessed Otto hurting Roseva — he hadn't remembered it and she thanked the God's every day. But she couldn't help but feel betrayed by Alicent, knowing it must of been her doing that brought him back despite everything he had done.

Roseva turned when a deep voice spoke, "Rose!", she smiled instantly and fell into the arms of her cousin. Steffon held her tightly but it was hard with her growing belly and kissed her head. "It's been far too long, cousin".

"Ten years since I last saw you and you still don't look a day older than fifty", she jested and he rolled his eyes. Daemon walked over and nodded to the Baratheon and Steffon clasped his shoulder brotherly.

"Where are the little devils then?", Steffon asked and Roseva beamed.

"Doves", she called and they stopped their conversations and walked over to her. They each individually looked Steffon up and down before looking to their mother. "This is my cousin, Steffon, your second cousin".