"Humans." He mutters, shaking his head in dismay. 

I fall back into the snow, my legs and arms fanning around me as I take steady breaths. 

I hear Beau sigh and put his arms under my legs and behind my back, lifting me up as his scent fills my nose, the warmth cuddling me. 

"Do you want me to bring Robert?" 

"Robert is dead to me."  

                                                                ~*~

Beau and I are sitting in my kitchen drinking hot coco, my parents are on a business trip in Idaho and my sister is at school then spending the night at her friends house after. 

"You excited to meet my friends tonight?" I ask, as I swing my legs from sitting on the counter- Beau leaning against the one across from me. 

"Yes, but don't be sad when they end up liking me more than you." Beau says into his coco as he takes a big gulp. 

I roll my eyes and look out the window, the snow softly setting on the glass as I wonder if Sara will be there tonight. 

"What are you thinking about?" Beau questions. 

"Nothing." 

"You're such a liar, I know you're probably thinking about how you wanna lick that coco off my bod." Beau replies. 

I laugh in response. "You wish." I stick my tongue out, but I stop when I see a message come up on my phone. I quickly look at it, seeing it's from Max. 

'Hey babe. (; '

I roll my eyes and giggle, Max is one of my really good friends, he always sends me messages like that as an inside joke. I used to have a crush on him until I found out he's into dudes.  I grab a spoon by the sink and stir my coco some more. 

 I didn't realize Beau walked over to glance at my phone screen to, until I see the angry look in his eye. "Whose that?" His tone is clip and harsh. I get taken aback by how he can go to all joking and sweet to serious and angry. 

"My friend." I start getting defensive. 

Beau starts clenching his jaw and slams his empty mug down on the counter, the mug forming a crack. "There's a full moon tonight, my wolf has almost all control of my body.  His emotions are coming through to me at full force, you need to get away from me." Beau wheezes out, his eyes turning from hazel to black in flashes. 

"No." I say worried putting my hand on his shoulder.