Chapter 16: Screaming

I picked up the notebook, and walked towards the door. My hand clenched the handle tightly as I turned the knob, then with the strength of my arm, the door slammed shut. I quickly walked angered through our hallways as I tried to find where June could be off to.

I was supposed to be writing a new novel called "Alone At Last" today, but my conscious was a tornado speedily delivering new thoughts and throwing others away.

"I will always love you, but our love is struggling now. It's hard to love a relationship that's continually broken and rebuilt weaker; but that's how it always is June isn't it? It's always built up and broken."

I questioned myself for a second.

Will I always love June?

Will I always love an angel?

I described our relationship perfectly, we are always built up, strengthened, then broken. We are like a sandcastle, we are a beautiful work of art, but when the waves come we are left destroyed.

"We are wrapped in life, yet our love is living dead."

We are wrapped in life, we are wrapped in an extraordinary sensation. Our love is living, it is definitely there, but it is missing a key factor. Truth, is our love really true? What we thought was a once in a life time event, occurred a million times with you. While I truthfully enjoyed your shows, and your singing, you were just attending a proclamation of lust.

At this point, reminiscing the hours we had spent together, talking, or simply cuddling, I regretted every little bit of it. I had been sneaking all around our two story complex. I noticed a while back, our blinds to our patio had been closed. I also remembered I had specifically told June to leave them open.

I slowly approached the locked door, my finger slid the lock up, and I opened the door.

"JUNE!" I screamed.

Breaking down In tears my knees fell to the ground and my heart shattered into uncountable pieces. I wasn't a sentimental person, but this hurt like hell, it was unlike anything I had ever experienced before.

"I do all that I can to show, but our lungs are on fire and the spit in our mouths is now sour."

I do everything I can for you June, I loved you with all my heart and soul and mind. My lungs are burning with an unstoppable rage, while the blue sky slowly starts to cloud over; and my words are harsh as tears flood your eyes indefinitely.

"June, why?"

She was crying into someone else's shoulder, while being held in someone else's arms. This was disgusting, harmful, shattering, it was an evil skeleton kept in the closet. A secret hidden from no one, but me.

"I'm so sorry Daryl. I am so, so sorry." She said pulling away from the man who was doing my job, my pleasure, my honor.

"After all you vowed, every trip to the bar, and every man chasing after you." I said rapidly running out of breath.

"Daryl, come here." She gestured as she slowly came towards me.

"Stay the fuck away from me."

I stormed out of the house, not planning on ever returning not after what June had done to me.

"In all the flames of our star that glowed, somehow it has been tamed. Our implosive love has now diminished to smoke."

All of my flames died out, while yours still burned hot. The red, hell-like coals that laid at the bottom of your heart are sickening. My implosive love is now just a signal, a smoke that attracts the loneliest people.

I was furious as I drove around, thoughts raced my mind.

She was just hugging him, what if they are friends? Relatives?

Did they kiss?

Did they do more?

My hands pounded the steering wheel, as my horn sharply exploded and the car in front of me flashed a finger. Slightly speeding, I drove to the first person that came to my mind, my mother.

I approached the winding road that led down to my parents acreage, a beautiful place where I would spend my summers living. There was a field of yellow

surrounding the circular space in which their house was planted. There was a shed shaded by the two story farmhouse where they lived. I loved spending my free time here, because it was free. I wasn't bound by the chains of lies and lust.

"We were making a plot, a brand new way of living. To escape from the hell in which we are caught, To focus on those in need of forgiving."

I was making a plot, an escape plan for this now doomed life of mine. But then something struck me, a poem I wrote at the start of all of this. " Love is Incredible ", a simple prologue I wrote when I had a crush on June. This very quickly brought me to my next thought.

"To escape from the hell in which we are caught, To focus on those in need of forgiving."

In order to escape my own hell, I needed to forgive. It was an awful feeling, knowing the right thing had to be done, but it was also the worst thing you could ever accomplish. Forgiving June for the injustice she had committed was near impossible, but not actually impossible.

I thought the entire ride down that old gravel road. Slowly, but surely, my parents house came into vision and there laid an old grave, a misplaced tombstone. I wondered. I drove up to the house and gradually came to a stop beside their white-picket fence.

I got out of my car, and my best friend that usually jumped all over me and licked my face didn't appear, no sign of him. As I looked throughout all of the fields, he was nowhere to be seen.

I walked up to the door to see mother standing in the window with a saddened expression covering her already sad face.