CHAPTER ELEVEN: REUNITED

Start from the beginning

Julia made it to a bus and she climbed up it before dragging Raya behind her. She nearly toppled off it because of her adrenaline and energy dispersing. But she landed into someone's arms and looking up she saw Rick before a exhausted yet proud smile graced her lips.

"I got my kid back." She mumbles before her eyes rolled into her head a bit and she fell into him. Rick had no time to react as he spotted Raya and told her to run ahead of them. He wrapped an arm around Julia's waist and put one of her arms around his neck and began dragging her away.

Not noticing at first the lack of Daryl.

They didn't have time to escape so they all hid behind a car, Raya was confused why Julia passed out. Her little hand touching Julia's hand as Rick also tries to slap her cheek to wake her up.

If the guards started coming to hunt on foot they'd surely get shot trying to run. And they were already low on ammo as is.

"Come on Daryl." Rick whispers with confusion wondering if the hunter went to hunt for his brother despite agreeing to wait earlier. Someone approached from behind and everyone whipped around ready for a fight but it was Michonne.

"Where the hell were you? Put your hands up. Turn around. Turn around." Rick demands with a gun to her head before stealing her sword.

"Get what you came for?" Rick asks bitterly as little Rayas eyes watched him in surprise. He seemed...... scarier then before. "Where are the rest of your people?" Michonne asks and Glenn holding a gun tells her of Oscar's death.

Julia who was somewhat waking up let out a snort and mumbled something about prisoners but nobody cared for her crude words just the fact she was waking up.

"Daryl is missing did you see him?" Maggie asks desperately as Michonne shakes her head. Her eyes slowly go to Raya who sits beside a pale yet slowly coming to consciousness Julia.

"If anything happens to him-" Rick begins to threaten once again scaring the child as Michonne meets his gaze. "I brought you here to save them." Michonne says making Rick thank her look a little appreciative but he didn't trust strangers easily.

"You'll need help to get them back to the prison. Or to go back in there for Daryl. Either way you need me." She explains and Rick looks annoyed with how right she is but- he agrees to have her help again.

Slowly his gaze goes to Julia and he goes and crouches in front of her. "Who did that to you?" He asks gravely and Julia slowly glances to Raya before him a little confused at first.

"What the fuck." She mumbles as she shifts to sit up straight but a searing pain stops her completely.

Then the memories must have returned because her face went tight with anger and her body shakes lightly.

"Merle....... It was Merle." She whispers so only he could hear as Glenn and Maggie glance to each other. They wanted to ask but- if Julia didn't want to tell everyone she wasn't exactly one to open up.

___________________________________