02. Oaths and Dinner

DO NOT COMMENT 'UPDATE' OR ANY VERSION OF IT. PLEASE AND THANKS.

Word of the bathroom incident spread immediately. Wherever Annabeth, Baylee and Percy went, campers pointed at Percy and murmured something about toilet water. Or maybe they were just staring at Annabeth, who was still pretty much dripping wet.

The girls showed the newest camper a few more places: the metal shop, the arts-and-crafts room, and the climbing wall.

Baylee pointed to the wall, "You and I are going to race on the wall."

Percy widened his eyes, "Right now?" He asked

The younger girl shook her head, "No but soon."

Finally the three returned to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins. Baylee sat in between Percy and Annabeth and started bringing up a water bubble from the lake.

Percy gave her a funny look as she let the bubble pop and Baylee smiled at her brother as she floated, "Daughter of Poseidon, remember. I can control water."

"I've got training to do." Annabeth said flatly, "Dinner's at seven-thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall."

"I can take you to see the orientation video now." Baylee told her brother

Percy got an apologetic look on his face, "Annabeth, I'm sorry about the toilets."

The daughter of Athena shrugged, "Whatever."

"It wasn't my fault." Percy told her

Annabeth looked at him skeptically, "You need to talk to the Oracle," she said

Baylee did a full body shudder at the mention of the Oracle.

Percy looked confused, "Who?" He asked

"Not who. What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron." Annabeth replied

Percy sighed and then looked at the lake. Clearly he wasn't expecting the naiads because when he spotted them he jumped a bit. They smiled at both Baylee and Percy and waved.

Baylee waved back with a smile and Percy took that as his cue to wave back as well.

"Don't encourage them," Annabeth warned. "Naiads are terrible flirts."

"They happen to like me. I always talk to them." Baylee told the two

"Naiads." Percy repeated, feeling completely overwhelmed, "That's it. I want to go home now."

Baylee frowned. "You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."

"You mean, mentally disturbed kids?" Percy asked with a look

Annabeth shook her head, "She means not human. Not totally human, anyway. Half-human."

"Half-human and half-what?" Baylee's brother asked

Baylee raised her eyebrows at her brother, "I think you know since I already told you."

"God," Percy said, still in disbelief, "Half-god."

Annabeth nodded. "Your father isn't dead, Percy. He's one of the Olympians."

The newest camper shook his head, "That's...crazy."

Baylee made a noise and moved her hands so she created a medium sized water ball.

Percy's eyes widened at what Baylee was doing.

Annabeth sighed as she looked at Percy, "Is it? What's the most common thing gods did in the old stories? They ran around falling in love with humans and having kids with them. Do you think they've changed their habits in the last few millennia?"