𝟶𝟸1 | 𝙿𝚊𝚒𝚗

Start from the beginning

Her head lolled down, the knife slipping out of her grasp and to the ground.

"Leonora."

Her head snapped up at the tone of voice, recognising it. The sound of familiarity brought her back to present consciousness, the pain suddenly hitting her like a train. She doubled over, groaning and falling to the ground.

But before she could resent the impact, arms circled around her and held her flush against their chest. Aches constantly attacking her limps as she rested her head against a shoulder, whimpering in pain.

"Come on, Love. Talk to me." The voice called out desperately, frantically brushing her hair away from her head and holding her steady.

Leonora opened her eyes, the welcoming sight of her Nik coming into sight. She held onto him tightly as she begged for the pain to be gone, her head throbbing in pain at the reminder of glass indented in it.

Her body was lifted and carried for a while, before she felt a soft material welcoming her back. However, it did nothing to dull the pain as she arched her back, gritting her teeth and closing her eyes.

"Leonora, open your eyes for me love." Doing as Klaus told, she opened them, tears pooling at her eyes.

Klaus looked at her, the longer he stared, the angrier he became. The thought of someone physically laying an ill hand on her made him want to scour the ends of the earth until he found the deadman. But his anger had to wait, it wasn't the time to go haywire. He had to focus on her and be gentle for her.

"Love, I need you to drink." He softly demanded, biting into his wrist and holding it to her.

Leonora had no desire to drink anything despite knowing it was a remedy to her pain. The haunting thoughts of her father injecting her with the chemicals evaded her mind, flashes of the past ridding her vision of Klaus's face. Instead, her father was placed in front of her, holding a test-tube to her face, urging her to drink.

The past came back to terrorise her, manipulating her defeated state. She shouted out in protest, hitting away her fathers hand and backing away.

"No more radon, father!" She screamed, tears escaping her eyes and falling to her cheeks. Leonora got off her bed and backed away from her father with her lips trembling and eyes crying.

Her father stood up from his kneeling position, holding his arms out infront of him to reassure her he meant no harm. But his movements only angered Leonora, she grabbed a lamp off a table to her right and threw it at her father, screaming out. "No! I don't want to be tested on anymore!"

Her father backed up against the wall opposite her, still hands held up in a defenceless manner. Marco opened his mouth. "Leonora, your father isn't here."

She tilted her head, in confusion, her father's voice contorting and changing during his words. But she still held up her defensive stature.

"Leo. It's Nik, your Nik."

Leonora's tears stopped coming, her posture relaxing. Her father fading from her sights and Klaus replacing him. He was looking at her with sadness, positioning similar to her visioned father.

She dropped to her knees, gripping at her hair as she muttered. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, oh god. I'm sorry."

Hands enclasped her bloodied ones, ridding her off the pain her hands were producing. Her hair was stroked as a bloody wrist was offered in front of her. "It will help you, my love."