Chapter 1

A reflection of the color blue was differentiated by a clear, cloudless sky and rippling water caused by boats sailing across the vast lengthy river. The destination the river brought the travelers was Caiyi Town, a water village. A boat wafted gently up and down causing the man to fall asleep more deeply, not realizing his companions had left the boat without their weight pulling it down. The lotus leaves protected him from the scorching sun and even adjusted his position to a comfy side with arms resting under his head. No matter how much he got called out by Jiang Yanli, the eldest sister, with a calm voice, he completely fell into a lovely afternoon dream.

"Wei Wuxian, you better get your ass up or I will let the dog do their job for Shijie," Jiang Cheng, the brother, scared the man off until he jerked.

"Dog?!" he shuddered, including his eyes and lips quivering, making the siblings giggle along with Jiang Sect's disciples.

Wei Ying grabbed his sword with a lightened face and quickly dashed up the stairs to join them. Serpented his arm around Jiang Cheng's neck to mess with him for cracking a joke before standing behind his sister to avoid being punched. The Jiang Siblings and their disciples squeezed through the noisy, crowded street filled with stalls and other travelers to find an inn. Wei Ying got his eyes glued on a stall of animal sculpture candy sticks that he rushed, leaving them behind in confusion and anger of his brother. He scanned thoroughly with a hard face and eventually decided to get a tiny bunny for her sister. Suddenly, a flawless hand appeared out of nowhere and accidentally brushed against his.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to touch you," Wei Ying apologized with a big smile while scratching his head.

However, he was speechless at her sparkling pink-lavender eyes planted on fair cool skin when she came into his view. Long, black wavy hair tied in a high ponytail and decorated with blossom pink sakura hairpin flowed in the breeze of wind. He didn't know whether the fragrance of that flower emitted from the hairpin itself or the perfume coating the purple hanfu embroidered with blooming sakura branching out. She withdrew her hand gradually and rubbed it with her other thumb as she sandwiched them, resting on her stomach.