44. Dark day in Miquelon

3 months before

Over the four years after Anthony's death, Micheal tried his best to be around for Cassidy and Adeline. The pair had managed to tell Adeline who her real father was considering she was older and more able to understand.

"Right go on, Adeline. Say goodbye to your father." Cassidy urged as they stood at the front of the house. Adeline ran to Micheal who had turned after placing bags in the car. "Goodbye my girl," he whispered as the nine year old jumped into his arms. "When will you be back?"

"Well, you and your mother will be joining me in America for Christmas." He said, placing her back onto the floor.

"Really?" Adeline asked excitedly, looting between Cassidy and Micheal.

Cassidy nodded and stepped forward to hug Micheal. "I'll be in touch," Micheal said, kissing her and leaning back. "You get somebody to send me a list of the things you want to get Adeline for Christmas." He said quietly, letting go of her.

"Stay out of trouble, Micheal. And away from Gina." She teased, returning to her daughter.

Over them years, Micheal tried to be away from Gina in America as much as possible. Which was hard, but he did it.

-

1933
Act five/ season 6

Tommy sat inside the bar in Miquelon, a cup of water in front of him. "Maybe you should take your water into the hall" the barman suggested. Tommy ignored him.

"Another bottle of whiskey" A man said in French, looking at Tommy.

"You work for the whiskey company, right?" he asked the two. Tommy placed a business card in front of him. "I'm here on private business" he said.

The man picked up the card, using his lighter to burn it. "Where did you learn french?" he asked Tommy.

"In France, yeah i learned a lot of things in France."

"Island is crawling with you fucking commissary men, closing our warehouses down" The man hissed, throwing the card into the ashtray. "Throwing men out of work"

"Jean-Claude leave the man alone" The barman spoke.

"Ten years our boat ran whiskey down the president roads to Boston. Now we have fucking nothing"

"And you sit in front of us and order fucking water, is that meant to be a joke" he asked.

The man bit his tongue.

"No, i ordered water because i no longer drink alcohol of any kind." Tommy corrected.

"Jean-Claude, please. Leave it alone"

"You my friend, are going to drink s toast. You will raise your glass to the poor people of Miquelon whose lives you bastards have destroyed. Drink it" he poured out the water in Tommys glass and poured whiskey into it.

"Drink. You're not leaving this bar until you have raised a toast"

"Okay" Tommy sighed, putting out his cigarette. "Okay, i understand that today of all days you would be angry. But if you had read my card instead of burning it, you would realise this is a misunderstanding. Now i've been very patient given the circumstances but you need to sit down and let me read my newspaper"