6. Secret's Safe

-

-

POLLY SMILED AS CASSIDY WALKED THROUGH the den. "Hello Polly," She greeted, placing the large books on the table. "Cassidy," she nodded.

"Does John ever finish the count by himself?" The girl sighed, placing her hands on her hips.

"He's ridiculous that boy," Polly agreed, pouring a cup of tea. "You haven't seen Micheal anywhere have you?" Polly questioned.

Cassidy sucked in a breath, shaking her head. "Nope."

The older woman frowned at Cassidy's strange behaviour.

Polly raised an eyebrow at her. "Cassidy, i've known you since you were a girl. I can't tell when something is off."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Polly pursed her lips into a straight line. "Well then. If you see him, tell him i'm looking for him."

Cassidy let out a breath once Polly left the room. "That's it," she finally gave in, grabbing her jacket and beginning to walk to the Shelby Office building.

Micheal and Cassidy hadn't spoke since they argued at her house. Three days ago. Three days of no talking. Something they never did, considering the struggled to stay away from each other.

She quickly climbed the stairs and pushed open the door to his office.

"You don't knock?"

"No, i don't knock." She said bluntly, standing beside the desk. "This is ridiculous. We have not spoken in days over something so stupid." She reminded him.

His eyes searched her face.

"Right then." She hummed, realising he wasn't going to say anything. "Polly told me that she was looking for you, i'd suggest you call her." Cassidy sat down.

"You're not going to leave, are you?" He asked. "Nope." She grinned, placing her feet up on the other chair.

Micheal shrugged, picking up the phone and calling his mother.

Cassidy waited patiently for him to finish with the phone call. "What is it you actually want that brought you here, Cass?"

"An apology?" she suggested.

"What for?"

"Listen, Micheal." She leaned forward, placing her arms on the desk. "I don't know how many times we have gone over..that. But to be honest, i'm sick of talking about it." She said quietly, her pinky finger grazing over his own. "I think i understand what goes through your head, Micheal. But god is it tiring," she joked, waiting for him to laugh or smile. And this time, he did.

He shook his head, looking down.

Micheal used his hand to push her hair away from her face. "Are you going to apologise?" she teased as he inched closer. "Probably not," he grinned, kissing her quickly.