↻հąքէҽɾ 𝟠

Start from the beginning

"Although I should say thank you so much for endorsing me." You say with a big smile. Allister goes red under his mask yet again. "... it's all good. Victor said.. the leaders should be endorsing more.." You nod. It was understandable. Victor had said something at some point that it would've been cancelled this year if there weren't enough gym challengers.

"Mhm. Do you know the order of the gym leaders and their types?" You ask and Allister thinks for a good minute. "There's Milo first.. he's the grass type.. then there's Nessa, the water gym leader... Kabu's the fire type... then it's me.. I'm the ghost type..then the town past Glimwood Tangle has Bede.. the fairy gym leader, then there's Melony, the ice type gym leader.. Piers is the dark type gym leader and there's Raihan, the dragon type user.." Allister finishes and takes a big breath.

"Wow. Looks like me and my partners have our work cut out for each of us!" Allister nods, smiling beneath his mask. "At least you're doing better now. Y'know, from before?" "Thanks. Why are so you nice to me even though we met a few days ago?" You ask he goes red behind his mask.

"Because.. you're kind back to me, you treat me like a best.. friend.." And I like you. He adds in his head. "I think we're gonna be the bestest of friends!" You say happily, completely unaware that you're in the flying taxi.

"..mhm." Allister would be able to be redder than a tomato. "yeah.. friends.." He says equally as happy as you. "thanks Y/n. for being there for me though... most people I meet just bully me." You shrug it off as the flying taxi lands in front of Motostoke stadium.

"Well, looks like we're here." You say with a sigh as you and Allister walk through the tunnel of spectators cheering everyone on. It made your heart swell a little with confidence, but also embarrassment. You shrugged off your guilt-ridden emotions and walk inside the stadium.

You walk up to the front desk as Allister wearily joins the other gym leaders, almost sad to be walking away from you. But you two felt saddened as you saw him walking away. at least you think you felt that way because of all the time you two had spent together.

"Hello gym challenger. This is the day of the gym ceremony. Please show your endorsement and then choose your three digit number." The league staff at the front desk says in a deadpan tone to you. You take out the small brown envelope given to you by Allister and place it on the counter, your mind gone blank for the number you wish to choose. "And your number?"

After some hard thinking you decide on the number 'XXX'. You tell that to the league staff and he types something down. "Your uniform will be ready shortly." You nod and take a seat at a sofa that sat near the entrance.

Gloria made your way toward you with a girl with dark greenish hair. She wore a pale pink dress with a black biker jacket and some swag high heels. Marnie wore her usual pink dress with a fluffy grey jacket over it. Her green beanie sat comfortably on her head as her brown bag hung from her shoulders.

"Hello Y/n! This is Marnie!" She says the last past a little sheepishly. You were confused until you remembered Marnie was Gloria's girlfriend. "Hello Marnie. I'm Y/n." She nods at you, a simple gesture of acceptance.

"Who endorsed ya? Victor?" Marnie asks with a simple low voice, thick with accent. "No. A gym leader." You say vaguely, not wanting anyone else but the twins and Allister to know. "'ight then." She shrugs, her expression straight, unable to show any emotion.

Before Marnie walked away, Gloria gave her a gentle hug. Gloria turned back to you with her usual happy expression. "Don't worry too much about her. She only shows a smile or two around me and Piers. Oh by the way Piers is–"

"–the seventh gym leader, specialising in the dark types." A low, gravelly voice says behind you. "Gloria, why dont'cha leave me introductions, ta me. No need to deal it out when ya aint me." Piers says, walking into your view.

"As prolly someone 'as mentioned.. you can call me Piers. Marnie's big bro." You look at him in earnest, already sensing the big brother vibes. You made a mental note to not mess with Marnie.. ever.

"Wha's wrong? I scare ya?" He says, breaking you out of your thoughts. You shook your head vigorously, not even having the slightest idea of what was happening. "'K. I'mma generally good person, but ah.. I'll let ya know now, don't mess wi' me when I'm drunk. Bad jujus."

"Yeah, understandable. I'll stay clear when it happens. Other than that, 'm Y/n." You say half-heartedly, trying to match his way of speaking. It's a thing you did. You spoke like the other person you were speaking too.

A league staff came up to you mid conversation and handed you your uniform. "The dressing rooms are that way." He points to a door a little to the right from the main counter. "K then." You say haughtily and walked over.

When you were dressed, you walked outside just to accidentally bump into someone. You feared it'd be someone who would yell at you, just as your parents had done, but no, it was Allister. "'m sorry Y/n. didn't see you there." He gave a little laugh as you brushed yourself off.

"All gym challengers head into the stadium now!" A voice says over the loud speaker. Allister pointed to a glass door entrance where the rest of the challengers were. "Thanks." You quickly say. "See you on the pitch!" Allister almost shouts as you get dragged with the current of gym challengers. You wave at him as best you can as he stays back with the gym challengers. The leaders will walk out first, but the challengers are going to wait in the tunnel to walk out onto the pitch. Time to start your adventure.