💠🔹🪷 Chapter 14🪷🔹💠

Start from the beginning

I wanted to go out of the tent, outside of the meadow, search everywhere in the entire city and hunt down the guy who'd hurt her this badly.

I wanted to desperately go kick his a$$ over and over until he's far out of this world, for causing her so much emotional stress up until now.

I recalled in my memory of the early times of when I first met her, the strong minded and confident woman whom I had brought home safely,

Instantly falling in love with her even when I wasn't really supposed to. . .

I wanted to see her smiling like before. . .

. . .I needed her to be that way again.

Now, in front of me and in my arms, I see her completely broken down unable to contain her long built up sadnesss that's been secretly pressuring her mind; yet she manages to tell me everything .

Throughout the course of the backstory, I listened very closely to each part and it really pains me of not knowing much of her times as a young teenager, I couldn't and wasn't there in that part of her life to help her when she needed someone the ...

Throughout the course of the backstory, I listened very closely to each part and it really pains me of not knowing much of her times as a young teenager, I couldn't and wasn't there in that part of her life to help her when she needed someone the most.

"After all that, even now, I still secretly blame myself for everything that's happened to everyone"

I glanced down at her, still sitting up with her as her cries became softer,

"Not long after that day, time started to feel so slow rather than fast. .just like the doctor instructed, I stayed in hospital for another week, few more tests were done before I was able to leave. My other classmates continued visiting me even when I'd already gotten home. Although everyone started to go back to the way they were. . .I became so withdrawn"

"Withdrawn?" I asked,

"I started to not quite act like myself. I refused to go out even with my family, Luffy and his brothers got me out once but I would yell at them to take me home. I hardly spoke and. . ."

She started to shake, hugging her shoulder, "I would wake up screaming almost every night. Mom and Dad were constantly worried, counseling and such increased for me. They did everything for me.
I guess some of it may have helped, I did manage to go through the rest of school years. In quite a short time, I became a whole different person, I grew my hair out longer than how I used to normally keep it, my personality changed and I got strict with a lot of things, and I did started to explore again. . .

. . . . . .Pain really can change a person, right?"

When she said that, a memory of my mother appeared in my head.

Then something inside me triggered, a familiar yet different kind of emotion. . .

I clenched my fingers together as I felt the sudden anger and hate beginning to rise up within my heart as Nami-san embraced me like there's no tomorrow, her cries were soft but I still felt the warm drops flowing down her face as she held onto me.