𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽 - 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚐𝚘

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟕 - ♪ 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆 ♪
(𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒖𝒔)
06.27.13

𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘴𝘰 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭
𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧
𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘪 𝘢𝘮 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪'𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶
𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩
𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦

𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘴𝘰 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘪 𝘢𝘮 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪'𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘺�...

⋆ ୨ ♡ ୧ ⋆

"I FEEL LIKE we're just caught at a crossroad," leah sighed, frustrated. her and spencer had once more stayed after work to work on finding out the supposed truth of the demise of agnes campbell. "even if these x's meant anything, how are we supposed to cross reference them with handwriting analysis? it's literally two lines intersecting."

"actually," spencer started. "'caught at a crossroad' refers to the idea of having to make a very important decision in one's life, i think the phrase you're looking for is-" he looked over to see leah was staring at him in annoyance. "-unimportant right now."

"is this all just hopeless? should we just give up?"

"hey," spencer walked over to her, grabbing her hands. "relax. it'll all be okay. if you want to keep looking into it, we will. and if you don't we'll stop."

leah sighed, calming down, looking down at their intertwined hands. she unwillingly turned red at this gesture. she had only known spencer for a little over two months, and they've become a lot closer in the last few weeks than leah had with anyone in her life. well, besides derek morgan. of course, it always annoyed her when him and emily teased them about being "head over heels" for each other, but they both always ignored or denied it. but in reality, leah herself was unsure.

she liked spencer, that much was obvious-they were great friends and he was an amazing guy. to not like him would be a crime. the only question now at hand was whether she liked him more than she should, in which she truly had no idea. she's never been in love before, in fact she's never really met anyone who she had more than a slight infatuation with. of course she had some moments in time, especially during her freshman year of college, where she had gone out with shayne and met a pretty person and they hooked up, but it was never love. it was never even close.

the only thing leah gray was sure of, it was that she couldn't get spencer reid out of her head.

spencer followed leah's eyes to their hands, quickly removing his from hers, not saying anything.

after a few moments of silence, leah answered. "i think we should just let it go."

spencer looked at her, hesitating. "are you sure?"

"i think so. it's just-i don't know. i think agnes would just want to rest now. you said it yourself, we don't even know if any of this means anything. at the end of the day, she's still not here. she deserves peace."

spencer sighed, still not convinced she wanted to let it all go. but he wasn't going to argue. "okay, leah. if that's truly what you want."

leah then wrapped her arms around him. over the time they spent together, she's learned that spencer didn't really enjoy hugs-however, he never refused one from her. "so," she spoke up. "want to come over and watch a movie?"

"remember what happened last time we did that?" spencer smiled. "very funny. come on, i'm choosing."

"i would love to leah," she was already up and ready to leave. "but i really can't. i have to get my tux tailored for jj's wedding. i know it's not for another 36 days but i haven't worn the tux in years and i have a feeling i've grown out of it quite a bit."

"ah, bummer." leah remembered that although she wasn't formally invited to jj's wedding, only considering that she had only became close with her months after the invitations were sent out, derek gave her his spot as his plus one.

"i'm so excited," leah said sarcastically.

"why do i not believe that?" spencer asked, confused. "do you not want to go?"

"oh, no, spence, i want to go! i just don't know how i feel about going as derek morgan's date." "d-derek? you're going on a date with morgan?" "technically, yes-but it's not like that with me and der. you know that." "oh, good."

leah smirked at him, furrowing her eyebrows in some sort of sarcastic confusion. "'good,' huh? what do you mean by that?" spencer looked at her with wide eyes. "oh, n-no, i didn't mean anything by it-"

"-what did you mean then?"

spencer was flustered now, stuttering almost every word. "i-i don't know leah, i guess-i guess you can just do better than derek morgan." "derek morgan is one of your best friends." "derek morgan has not been in a real relationship in years. he hooks up with girls and doesn't remember their name the next morning."

leah laughed, knowing he was right. "as right as you are, you seem a bit defensive. what's up with that?"

spencer didn't answer. leah could see he was visibly red and breathing much heavier than usual. instead of letting it go, she only instigated it more. she walked a few steps closer to him. "well, if you don't want me going with him, who should i go with?"

spencer's mouth opened but no words came out. the breathing only sped up. composing himself after a few moments, he spoke. "well, you could go with me. you know, i-if you want to."

leah looked down at the ground for a second. the boldness in her body left the second he spoke the words, nervous by his presence. she smiled, finally taking in what he just said, and then looked back up at him. "spencer reid, are you asking me out?"

"leah gray, i think i just might be."

leah's eyes widened, taken aback by his sudden confidence.

"well, derek morgan will be crushed, i'm sure," leah stated. spencer laughed.

"but i'd love to."