08 | what was i made for?

"Eds?" Too loud. Too Rush.

            Eddie didn't reply. Simply pulled her blankets over her head and hoped she didn't smell bad enough Rush thought she was dead and decayed and called the police instead of thinking she was pretending she was asleep.

            "Eddie?" That was closer to singing. Disgusting.

            Heavy paws padded across the apartment. Dog tags rattling together.

            "Oh, hello, Miss Ed!" High and squeaky. Like an old TV show.

            "Stop."

            "Fuckin' knew you were here," Rush said. He knocked on her bedroom door. "You decent?"

            "Define."

            "Not naked."

            "Yes."

            The door opened with a creak.

            Eddie groaned. "Just fill his dish and leave, please. I'll e-transfer you for taking him O-U-T."

            The complete opposite of leaving was the weight that jumped onto her bed and nearly knocked her off the edge. Probably would've if the blanket hadn't practically vacuum sealed her in the bed. She wished it suffocated her instead. The second weight was still heavy, but more welcome. Her wonderful dog.

            Eddie buried her head deeper into her pillow. The blanket being tighter around her head probably wasn't helping how smashed against the fabric she was. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

            "I have had a wonderful day, how was your day?"

            "Leave me alone."

            "My day started with this terrible breakfast of eggs that Laki made. He tried his best and I appreciated the effort. I might have food poisoning but that's not the point. I really need to teach him how to cook." Rush always shifted and squirmed too much. Probably sat with his arms behind his head, ankles crossed. For his sake he better have taken his sneakers off this time he walked through her apartment. "I got to spend the day with my favourite good boy."

            The tags on her dog's collar jingled together, Rush was likely scratching behind his ears. He did love that.

            "What is the point?" Eddie knew she sounded disgusting. It wasn't her fault that she hadn't spoken since she left the studio.

            "I got a text from Axel this morning. That's not abnormal. Sometimes we video call we eat breakfast."

            "You two should really just fuck at this point and get it over with."

            "I'd be honoured."

            "Bottom."

            "And proud."

            Eddie considered kicking him out of the bed. Unfortunately, Rush was the only person she wasn't related to who was allowed in her bed non-romantically. And he knew that.

            "You were with Axel last night."

            Eddie groaned. Shut her eyes a little tighter. That didn't negate the sting. "We didn't do anything if that's what you're saying."

            "Funny, Axel said the same thing."

            Eddie peeked out from under her covers. "Almost like it's true."