"The most beautiful princess i've ever seen," he told her.

She smiled widely and spun about.

"Where's dad? I need to show him!" Adeline said excitedly. Micheal looked at Cassidy who refused to meet her daughters eyes.

Micheal adjusted his position. "Adeline," he began. Cassidy looked up with him. "Micheal.." she whispered, wanting him to be quiet.

He shook his head at her. "Adeline, your father..has gone away for a while. And he won't be back any time soon. But he loves you, loves you very much." He assured the young girl. "And he doesn't want you to get upset that he's left, he wants you to be happy."

Adeline frowned, not quite understanding. "Oh..where has he gone?"

"He's gone somewhere very nice, Adeline."

"But Micheal is here now, your father has sent him to look after us." Cassidy finally spoke.

Adeline grinned. "Finally," she sighed. "So..are we going to talk about the picture of Micheal that you have in the drawer or.." she teased.

Cassidy scowled, trying not to laugh. Micheal wrapped an arm around Cassidy, jokingly pulling her in. "Not changed a bit, have you?"

"The other boy on it too, he was very nice looking."

"She's talking about Isiah." Cassidy told him.

"Hm. Isiah? Yeah..Isiah is a very nice man." He leaned down to Adeline.

"Can i meet him too? Can he look after us with Micheal?"

Not wanting to upset the younger girl, Micheal nodded, watching as her smile grew wider. "Good, he can be my friend."

"I thought i was your friend?" Micheal asked.

"Yeah..you are. But he can be my friend too. I know i'm amazing but you'll have to share," The young girl said before running off.

Cassidy shook her head, leaning into him again. "She's got no clue," she whispered. "Let it stay like that..just for a while. It's for the best."

"Cassie," he said after a few moments of silence. "My mums also dead." he said quietly. Her lips parted and her face dropped. "Oh Micheal," she whispered, searching his eyes for any form of emotion.

-

They all stood before the wagon that held Polly's body, Micheal began throwing fuel at the wood.

Ada watched sadly.

Tommy stared blankly at the fire.

"It was the ambitions and strategies of one man that caused this, i swear in the name of almighty god, no matter what it takes, how many lies i have to tell. I will take revenge on Tommy Shelby" Micheal whispered.

Gina stood to the side and watched as Micheal looked over to Cassidy who held Adeline's hand. The small girl carefully escaped her mother's grasp, slowly walking to Micheal and taking his hand in hers. She looked up at him and smiled innocently.

He kneeled down, lifting her up and holding her close.

"The fire is pretty" she whispered, leaning her head on his shoulder. "I can see her, Polly. That's her name isn't it? She's talking to me." She muttered.

Micheal frowned. "What?"

"She's saying that somethings going to happen. To someone. She doesn't know who. What does that mean?" She questioned.

The colour drained from Micheal's face. Spirits. She could see spirits.

-

"Where the fuck have you been?" Gina scolded as Micheal returned to their house. "Sit down, Gina."

She raised an eyebrow and took a seat.

"Things are going to change. Mainly between me and you." He said. "Im going to apologise before i tell you because i'm gathering you didn't know but..before America, me and Cassidy had something special. And that was never lost. But then she was arranged to marry Anthony James. I was sent to America whilst she was pregnant with my child. It was only a few weeks ago i realised that Adeline was my child. And  Gina, i'm sorry but Cassidy needs someone. Adeline needs to know her father."

Gina scoffed. "Micheal, why are you telling me this."

"We cannot be married anymore Gina. Cassidy is important to me."

"Why should i care about Cassidy?" She asked, standing up and leaning on the desk. Micheal copied her actions. "Because I care about her," he shouted. "Morning, noon and night, i care about her." He pointed his finger at her. "Cassidy is where my loyalties lie. That is who my priority is."

She looked at him, shocked.

"Micheal, honey. Cassidy is a nobody-"

"Don't," He raised his voice. "You do not get to talk about her."

"Fine." She leaned back. "But you will remain my husband. Or i'll get Jack to kill you."

"You disgust me, Gina. If that's how things will be, i hope you know i'll never lay a finger on you again. Never." He hissed. "At this moment, all i care about is that little girl who has just lost the man who she believed to be her father. I care about Cassidy."

"Then so be it," Gina rolled her eyes.

"Are you really willing to ruin a little girls life just so you get to run around doing opium and cocaine? Gina, you forget that I bring in the money."

"Yes, Micheal, i'm willing to do that. Because in order for my uncle Jack to continue making more money, he needs you. Kids grow up Micheal, she'll be fine."

"You are a horrible person, Gina."