Canto XVIII - The Wretchedness of Faith

21:15 Fukutoshin line platform - Shibuya

The volcano head curse fled among the panicked crowd, pushing carelessly the scared civilians and throwing one unfortunate boy in hopes of slowing down his assailant. This wasn't supposed to happen, nothing seemed to go according to the plan and now Hanami was dead. A moment was all it took, he deactivated his domain amplification, the only weapon they had against his limitless since it can neutralize any cursed technique, and he got crushed by it. Jogou glanced over his shoulder from time to time, the shaman was still after him with an ominous expression that promised murder as he paced not too far behind. His gaze later found Chouso standing idle amid the non-sorcerers, as always he had to do everything alone. Jogou tried a sneak attack before running away but the attack failed to even come close. That's all he could do now, hide among the humans, hit them with the extension, and then run.

"Chousou!! I'll fucking kill you if you don't help !!" He shouted to the death painting. On his part, the aforementioned cursed womb product began forming three blood projectiles that he then launched at Gojou.

The projectiles too splashed against the sorcerer's ultimate defense, doing anything but annoying him. Keeping their distance while taking cover behind the civilians, resorting to long-ranged attacks... it may work for now, but the non-sorcerers were starting to avoid standing in his way, once enough people scatter he'll be able to get Mt. Fuji. However, if the cursed spirit and the physical embodiment of a Kusozu painting decided to cooperate in a large-scale attack on the crowd, it'd be troublesome. In the coldest mindset he could manage, he still felt sorry for those he wouldn't be able to save. Despite that, Gojou held on to his firm conviction that he'd exorcize every one of them, no matter the cost in human lives.

The acute screeches of the brakes alerted the shaman, turning to his right he saw a halting train in front of the platform. The civilians, seeing it as their way out of Hell, began to push each other in the hope of escaping the massacre. One in particular, a young adult with blond hair of robust constitution, managed to pass through the crowd until the carriage's doors. Exalted he gave a look inside, accidently locking eyes with something he thought belonged into a nightmare. A creature of inhumane characteristics stared back at him, its breath turning to condensation on the glass. To make matters worse, his gaze involuntarily shifted along the carriage, and he saw another of these monsters and another... and another... the train was full of fiends.

The doors came apart without warning, what followed made even a seasoned sorcerer like Gojou sick to his stomach. If before the casualties were somewhat contained, this was an authentic bloodbath. Panic ensued within the metro station as the monsters were let loose among the civilians, mowing down whoever was at range.

Gojou watched the scene play before his eyes petrified to his core, The whole point of having gathered such an amount of hostages was to use them as a human shield against his domain expansion, cutting down the numbers would only go to their disadvantage. He soon noticed a new cursed spirit had entered the scene and fast approaching him on top of an elongated monstrosity. The human curse then jumped off and threw a jab at the shaman. Once again, the limitless stopped the attack from even reaching but that seemed to exhilarate the curse even more.

The patchface laughed, "I really can't hit you," his voice just as deranged as he looked. Gojou had no doubt, he was the one whom Yuji and Nanami had encountered some time ago, the one Gabriele found inside the school at the exchange event. "Let me share one thing I find so disgusting about humans..... there's so many of them." As if on command, the roots that closed off the atrium opened up, dozens upon dozens of non-sorcerers falling on the railway like water coming down the drain, the sorcerer could hardly believe it, it was as if they were dumping the entirety of Shibuya inside the metro station, almost certainly there were curses or curse users upstairs pushing them in the precipice. Mahito and Chousou unleashed their might upon the crowd, killing whoever was standing near Gojou, the sole surviving the slaughter. Dodging Jogou's sneak attack the sorcerer grabbed his arm but the curse tore it before he could do anything to him.