6. Movie Night

Comincia dall'inizio

The man looked beside him and met Karan's glaring eyes.

Karan: (low growl) "I think it would be better if you keep your hands to yourself."

His voice was low but anyone could feel the anger in it.

Man: (giving a fake laugh) "I think you are- "

He was interrupted by a girl's voice from his other side.

Girl: (holding a ticket) "Excuse me Sir, I think you've got the wrong seat. That seat is ours."

The man, embarrassed, looked back at Karan, who was smirking at him.

Karan: "I'm not mistaken."

The man got up from his seat and went away from there.

Karan turned towards Sanjana, who still looked a little scared.

Karan wrapped his hand around Sanjana's shoulder and pulled her closer. Sanjana turned her head, meeting Karan's concerned eyes.

Karan: (reassuringly) "Don'tworry, youare not alone. I'm here with you.No one will hurt you on my watch."

Sanjana felt a similar warmth rising in her chest. She gave him a sweet smile and nodded her head.

Throughout the movie, Karan did not let go of Sanjana's shoulders. She did not complain either. She felt safe and secure in his arms.

Till now, she was holding her heart back, but now she decided to let it go.

'It's okay, I know my heart will be safe with him. He will take good care of it. I can feel it, his feelings for me. Everyone pushed me away, but he gladly accepted me. I know I will be happy as long as I'm with him. He is my happiness.'

After the movie ended, Sanjana and Karan were standing outside the hall.

Sanjana: (biting her lower lip) "I think I should go home. Thank you for the movie tonight. I really enjoyed myself."

Karan, pushing his hands in his jeans pocket, nodded and smiled.

Sanjana: (waving her hand) "Good night!"

Karan: (smiling) "Good night!"

Sanjana turned around to leave when she heard Karan's voice.

Karan: (scratching the back of his neck) "Hey, Sanjana!"

Sanjana turned back, facing him.

She looked at him with questioning eyes, telling him to continue.

Karan: (nervous) "Why...don'tI...walkyou home?"

Sanjana's eyes widened, not expecting him to say that.

Karan: (noticing her surprised face) "It's past 10 pm. It's not safe for girls to walk alone now. I can come with you."

Sanjana: (looking down, fidgeting with her fingers) "Wouldn't you be late if you came with me?"

Karan: "That's not a problem. I would be happy to come with you."

Sanjana gave him a warm smile and nodded her head.

They were walking side-by-side, but the silence lingering between them felt awkward.

Suddenly, Karan's hand brushed against Sanjana's hand. They pulled their hands away making it more awkward.

Sanjana: "Uh- sorry!"

Karan: "No, it's f-fine."

Silence again.

'Why is it so awkward? We held hands before too.' Sanjana mentally slapped herself.

Sanjana looked down at Karan's hand and thought, 'I want to hold his hand.' She immediately shook away that thought from her head, feeling embarrassed at herself.

But it was as if Karan already heard her thoughts.

Karan suddenly held her fingers, making Sanjana look at him. Karan was looking away but she could see the small tint of blush on his cheek. Sanjana smiled to herself and looked down shyly. Not getting any response from her, Karan turned his head to see Sanjana's shy smile. Karan too broke down into a smile. He intertwined their fingers.

Both were looking away from each other with a shy smile. It was silent, but the silence itself was beautiful. They could feel each other's warmth from their joined hands. Unsure of each other's feelings, but their racing hearts said otherwise.

Pooja was in her room, lying down on her bed, reading a magazine. Her phone rang, catching her attention. Checking the caller's I.D., she picked it up.

On call~

Pooja: "Neena? What is it?"

Neena: (excited) "You won't believe it! I saw Sanjana and Karan together."

Pooja's eyes widened. Then she remembered Sanjana going out wearing a dress before.

Neena: "They seemed to be on a movie date. I must tell you, they totally looked like a couple. They were even holding hands. And during the movie, Karan was hugging her tightly."

Pooja: (feeling jealous) "WHAT?"

Neena: "Yes, they were totally in their own world. They looked like they started dating recently, a cute and sweet couple."

Pooja: "HEY!"

Neena: (realizing what she said) "Oh sorry! But I'm telling you, I think Karan likes her."

Pooja: "Don't talk rubbish!"

Neena: "If you don't believe me then look outside your house. They left a few moments ago. I'm sure they are near your house."

Pooja hung up the call immediately and looked outside her window. She was looking here and there and then she spotted them coming towards her house, holding hands.

Sanjana and Karan stopped in front of Sanjana's house. Karan was standing in front of her.

They looked at the house, feeling sad.

Sanjana: (looking down at their hands) "So...this is...."

Karan: (smiling and looking down) "Hmm...you should go in...I guess."

Sanjana nodded. But, none of them moved nor they left each other's hands.

'Why is it ending so soon? Can't we stay like this a little longer?'

They were looking at each other and sometimes diverting their gaze so as not to make it awkward.

Suddenly, Karan pulled Sanjana close to him. Sanjana, surprised by his action, looked at him, but her gaze fell on his lips. Karan noticed her gaze and held back a smile. Sanjana immediately looked away. But Karan bent down his head to her level, bringing his face closer to hers. Sanjana was trying not to make eye contact with him but failed miserably. His eyes looked alluring. Sanjana could hear the thumping of her heart and feared he would hear it. Karan's gaze fell on her lips and he brought his face closer. Sanjana closed her eyes, not able to stare at his beautiful eyes any longer. She could feel his hot breath fanning near her lips. Seeing Sanjana like that, Karan smiled.

Pooja, witnessing all these, glared at them and closed the window with a thud.

Karan was loving it, seeing Sanjana, nervous yet ready to do it. But he moved his lips to her cheek, pecked her, and moved back.

Sanjana, opened her eyes, seeing Karan standing away from her, smiling. He was no longer holding her hand. Realizing what happened, Sanjana touched her cheek.

Karan: (moving back) "Goodnight, Sanjana! See you tomorrow!"

Karan turned around and walked away before Sanjana could say something.

Sanjana, stood there, being a blushing mess.