You Should Run Because Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Start from the beginning

                    Later, Hope changes into the clothes she had stashed in the Stefan Salvatore Memorial Library. Both girls had their backs to each other while getting dressed. ".... You kept it," Hope whispered.

                    Nyx looked down at the necklace around her neck, "I've never taken it off," she admitted in a whisper, then walked out from behind the bookcase, seeing Landon about to touch one of the library's artifacts. "Hey! If you wish to keep your hands, then keep your fingers off!" she spat, causing him to jump back from the artifacts. Nyx glares at him, but Landon notices her eyes are filled with overwhelming sadness instead of rage.

                   "S...sorry," he stuttered nervously. Nyx sighed and began to walk out of the library. "Thank you...for saving me," Landon blurted out, causing her to halt in the doorway. She looks back just as Hope steps out from the bookshelf, now completely dressed.

                    Nyx's eyes moved to her, "I didn't save you," she said, then walked away, struggling not to choke on her own sorrow.

                    The next morning, Nyx heads toward the cafeteria for breakfast wearing a royal blue blazer with the Salvatore family insignia 'S' on the right side of it over a white button-down shirt with two buttons undone, dark gray khakis, and black dress shoes. She notices Enzo and Stefan down the hall waving at her. Enzo had similar features to his twin sister, Sheila. Like her, he had adopted his mother Bonnie's exotic beauty and a lovely, slender, and straight nose. Enzo and his sister's skin was lighter in comparison to Bonnie's. His facial features were sharper than Sheila's, with high cheekbones and expressive, soulful, dreamy, beautiful aqua-colored eyes that were large, round, and almond-shaped. Enzo has an alluring smile with well-shaped, full, and sensuous lips that reveal straight white teeth. His smile alone made many girls in the school swoon, but he only had eyes for a certain blonde Saltzman. Enzo's dark brunette hair was cut in a quiff hairstyle with a high fade. Like his mother Salem, he was tall and lean with the physique of an athletic runner. He wore a white button-down shirt with the Salvatore family insignia 'S' on the right side of it with a royal blue and red striped tie, black khakis, and dress shoes. Stefan, who was the youngest Bennet sibling, stood out next to his older brother. He had fairytale Snow White skin that was smooth as silk. His facial features were a mix of both his mother's. He has Salem's chiseled jaw and Bonnie's full cheeks. Stefan's lips were slightly thinner than the twins. Unlike them, he had inherited Bonnie's gorgeous olive-green eyes that were large, round, and almond-shaped. He has a lovely, slender, straight nose. Stefan was shorter than the twins, standing at only five foot four while they were five foot nine. His jet-black hair is medium-length with tapered sides, and a few strands hang over his forehead. Stefan dressed similarly to his brother but without a tie. Nyx moves towards them but is suddenly stopped by her father. She noticed an all too familiar look on his face, causing her to sigh. "Before you even ask, do you remember what today is?" Nyx asked.

                    Alaric looked at her in confusion, "Um...," he said.

                    "Really, Dad? It's game day, and Liz is the QB this year," she explained.

                    Alaric gives her a sheepish look, "Oh.... I'm sorry, but I'm going to need your help. Landon took an artifact from the library, and your siren call can keep him from fleeing once we find him," he explained.