Chapter 08: From Male God to Male Bestie

Lu Wanwan's plan to accidentally encounter Wang Yuyang at the foreign language corner had failed, and she had woken up early for nothing. The direct consequence of sleep deprivation was that she started dozing off during the anatomy lab class and was caught by Professor Chen on the spot, who even called her name.

After class, Lu Wanwan went to apologize to the professor.

Professor Chen sighed. "What's with An Jiaxian? Why didn't he come to class again? Are you two having a fight?"

Meng Xibai quickly coughed a few times.

Professor Chen glanced at him and said, "Upper respiratory tract infection. Drink some cough syrup yourself, seek treatment promptly, neglecting it may trigger asthma."

Meng Xibai lowered his voice and said, "Who has asthma? I just asked you not to bring up something unpleasant!"

Professor Chen looked skeptical. "Did you two break up?"

Lu Wanwan felt like she was going to cough up blood. Why was Professor Chen so gossipy!

Meng Xibai clicked his tongue twice and said, "You're really outdated with this news. Here, take a look at the forum."

Meng Xibai took out his phone and showed the post to Professor Chen, who quickly browsed through it and said, "What a good show!"

"Professor..."

"Tell us quickly, do you like Ren Chu, the good student and bully in our school?"

Good student... bully. Professor Chen's evaluation of Ren Chu was truly accurate! Lu Wanwan found it amusing, but when she saw the eager gossip-filled eyes of Professor Chen and Meng Xibai, she smiled slightly and then bolted, curious to death about their reactions!

Professor Chen hummed. "That's just outrageous!"

Meng Xibai nodded. "Teacher, deduct her credits!"

Professor Chen looked at him. "You, with your scheming mind. Your junior doesn't have many credits to begin with. She's involved in that baking club and doesn't even have half a credit."

Meng Xibai remembered the little gossip he had heard that day and said, "Her baking club probably won't last much longer."

After class, Lu Wanwan didn't return to her dormitory. Instead, she went to her baking activity room. She would fulfill the promises she had made, so even though Ren Chu hadn't specifically guided her on how to pursue Wang Yuyang, Lu Wanwan still diligently made pastries for him every day, and she had never repeated the same recipe.

After being busy for over forty minutes, Lu Wanwan put on her knitted hat and went out.

I heard that there will be heavy snow in City today. After the weather forecast came out, everyone was looking forward to it. Asajima hadn't snowed this year, and there hadn't been heavy snow in many years.

They all wanted to see what Asajima looked like dressed in silver and white.

It was very cold along the way, and Lu Wanwan breathed into her hands, but the warmth didn't linger, and her fingertips grew cold once again. She tugged at her collar and hurriedly walked.

She found a sheltered spot, standing between two upscale apartments with a row of iron fences separating them. She stood in the corner and called Ren Chu.

In less than two minutes, Ren Chu ran out of the building, looking around as if he hadn't spotted Lu Wanwan's figure. Just as he was about to make a call, Lu Wanwan waved at him, and only then did Ren Chu see her pacing back and forth in the corner, her face red from the cold.