Chapter 10 - The Beach

My school life proceeded pretty normally after I got used to being a girl. Aside from having to put in more effort to maintain my appearance, it wasn't much different from being a boy.

Well, I did get a few confessions from boys which was new, but I rejected them.

Eventually, summer vacation came around, and our group headed to the beach.

I changed into my swimsuit, pulled on the jacket, tied my hair up with the flowery hairtie, and slipped on the shell bracelet. I stepped out of the changing room and glanced around at everyone else's swimwear.

Natsue, Amana, and Yuka all wore bikinis with colourful designs. They were the most extroverted, so it made sense to me. Fuyuko and Minami had one-pieces, though more revealing and prettier than the school swimsuits. Rin simply wore shorts, which showed off his toned body.

I flinched when I saw it. "Jeez, have you been working out?"

Rin glanced over his body. "Well, I figured I had to put more effort into it with a male body. I have more free time from not needing makeup and such anyway."

"Does it feel lewd being topless in public?" Natsue asked.

"I'm already used to it," Rin answered.

"Boo. Alright, you set up the umbrellas, strong boy!"

Amana laid down a towel and then flashed me a smile. "Help me apply sunscreen!"

"Sure."

I wandered over as Amana laid down on her stomach. She handed me a bottle of sunscreen. I gulped and poured some onto my fingertips, then started rubbing it over Amana's back.

I hadn't really touched her so directly before. Her soft, slightly squishy body made my cheeks flush.

"Get under the straps, too," Amana teased.

"R-right."

I took a deep breath and slipped my fingers under the strings of Amana's bikini, making sure to cover every bit of her back with the sunscreen.

I had to wonder, "She's okay with me doing this just because I became a girl?"

Once I finished, we switched places and I took off my jacket. As Amana rubbed the sunscreen into my back, I belatedly wondered why we were laying down for it. Surely we could have done it while sitting? But, at least laying down, people couldn't see my exposed front.

"Okay. Make sure you cover everything!"

Amana sat down and squeezed some sunscreen onto her palm, then passed me the bottle. She started applying it to her arms and stomach. I followed suit.

Amana pointed at the opening in the center of my top. "Don't forget there!"

"Yeah, yeah."

Once we had completely protected ourselves, I put my jacket back on, half-zipped, and we joined the others.

"To the water!" Natsue cheered, running forward. My gaze briefly flashed to her chest as it bounced.

"Gotta be careful," I thought to myself. "Can't move around too much..."

"Hey, you're bad with hot drinks now, right?" Amana asked me as we followed.

"What about it?"

"Is your cold resistance also lowered?"

"... Hmm."

I had never tested that. I regarded the ocean warily.

Amana grabbed my hand and ran forward. "Let's check!"