Chapter 1 - Swap

My name is Rin Nakamura. Or at least, it was. The person named Rin Nakamura is no longer me. This crazy story started on the first day of classes in my first year of high school.

The ringing of an alarm woke me up. It wasn't my alarm, so I assumed it belonged to my roommate. Not ready to wake up, I ignored it, hoping he would turn it off promptly and I could get an extra ten minutes of sleep.

It kept ringing. Eventually, I got fed up and flipped over, pushing myself up to glare at the empty bed across the room. I blinked, wondering where my roommate had run off too. The bathroom?

I sighed and grabbed the ringing phone from the desk. I swiped the alarm off and then paused. My hand looked... different. My fingers longer, more slender. My skin smooth and soft. I slowly turned the phone towards my face and stared at my reflection.

A girl stared back at me. Confusion and alarm filled her green eyes in equal parts. Wavy blonde hair flowed down to her shoulders, parted to the side with uneven bangs.

"What the—"

My voice came out in a feminine pitch. I brought a hand to my neck and cleared my throat. Even that sounded girly. I pulled the blanket away from my body only long enough to catch a glimpse of breasts and panties before wrapping it tightly around myself.

My heart pounded in my chest, pumping cold fear all through my body. This had to just be a dream, right? I reached over and pinched my arm. It hurt. I didn't wake up. That would've just been too easy.

I considered going back to sleep and hoping to wake up in my own body, but there was absolutely no way I could possibly fall asleep while that panicked. I slipped out of bed, keeping the blanket covering my body, and searched for any clue.

I peeked through the curtain covering the window. I saw my new school in the distance. The sight brought me some small relief. Considering my newfound appearance, being somewhere in America or something wouldn't be out of the ordinary. However, I was on the opposite side of the school compared to when I went to sleep. So, the girl's dorm.

Had I somehow... switched bodies with one of the female students? Impossible. The laws governing the universe didn't allow something like that to happen. And yet, what other explanation could there be? Did that mean some girl had woken up in my body? The thought made me want to throw up.

The chair by the desk next to the window had the girl's uniform draped over the back. I realized I should probably go to school. Even if the situation quickly righted itself, missing her first day would reflect really poorly on the girl whose body I was (hopefully) borrowing.

But, I didn't know the girl's name. I didn't know her year, or what class she was in. If she had any friends, I'd quickly get into trouble. The massive weight of the upcoming hardships pressed down on me.

I shook my head. I'd get dressed, and then search for an ID or something. I flipped through the clothes on the chair. Socks, underwear, it had all been prepared. I silently thanked this girl's preparation and took them back to the bed.

My cheeks tingled with an intense blush as I slipped off the panties I was wearing. I exchanged them for the ones from the pile, careful to not let the blanket fall and expose myself to myself. The white socks and plaid skirt came next, but then I faced a challenge.

The bra. Theoretically, I knew how people put on bras. I slipped my arms through the straps and tried not to touch my chest too much while positioning the cups. I reached behind my back, grabbed the two ends of the band, and tried to fasten them together.

Disregarding any problems I would have inevitably encountered trying to get the hooks to latch, I couldn't even get the ends to touch. I strained myself, bending my arms in weird ways, stretching as much as the body would let me, but couldn't do it.