Ch: 8 As Unfortunate As I

"Do I really have to?" I begged

                                                       "Yes." Mom replied with a stern face.

I sighed. Mom just rolled her eyes as she kneeled down to fix my cloths. She got up and handed me my backpack. 

             "You're lunchbox is in there. Be safe. Don't cause any trouble." Mom instructed.

I nodded after each sentence, knowing that she won't stop worrying about me, no matter how old I am.

"And most importantly... Don't tell anyone about this." She commanded. Her face was grim. Her voice was so sharp, she could use it as a sword at this point. Her eyes glinted as she spoke.

I let out a frightened nod. 

"But I'll still have to go? Even with my current situation?!" I cried, folding my hands.

"We're over that discussion now." She scowled.

She placed an arm on my shoulder and whispered in my ear, "Dad would be suspicious if you skip school today."

I said no more and walked out of the house. I heard her wave bye, I just grunted in response.

I heaved a sigh, taking all the fresh air in. The view in the morning was worth waking up this early. It was silent, partially. Birds chirped in their nests on the tree beside my house. The air was pleasant. A few leaves flew past me as the wind led them away. The grass swayed as the wind whistled. I could fell the vibrant colours of the sunlight grazing my skin. 

That wasn't the only light though.

My body suddenly shivered. My hand hummed and whirred, as if it were a machine. I was hell- bound. I wanted to scream and run to my mom but it was too late. 

I store in horror at the bus who seemed to just emerge out of no-where at the worst possible time. I could not run now. 

I hit my wrist on my thigh as hard as I could. The pain subsided, allowing me to finally climb on the honking bus that stood preceding my home. The driver scowled out me, even though I wasn't even late this time.

A few of the pupils in the bus store at my hand wide eyed as I climbed abroad the bus. There were mummers and chatters from among them. I couldn't help but sheepishly hide my hand behind my back as I made my way to my place. I heard a couple of blonde girls gossiping about my glove. They turned their back to stare at when I took my seat. A few of my friends made a face at me, whereas a few giggled.

            "Three months until winter, feeling cold already?" One of them smirked. A few others burst out laughing. 

I made a face at them, folding my hands. One of the, even started fiddling with it. I immediately retracted my hand. My breath shook. The other looked perplexed. A few of them started jerking my glove off.  

                                                    "Cut it guys!" I announced.

No one really spoke about it after that. Thee were still ocasional whispers and giggles from them. I started to question all of this at some point. 'Am I really looking that awkward with this on?' I wondered. 

"You didn't tell us though. Why are you wearing this, it isn't even cold." Jonny, who happened to be a brunette in glasses, asked. 

I heaved a sigh. I dodged the question off and glued my eyes to the floor. He threw a perplexed glance. There was no noise. The loudest sound in the whole bus was probably some weirdo cracking his knuckles. The bus was at the same stop for the past 2 minutes. Someone was late. Well, at least I realised how uninteresting it was to just wait without an option.