Ch: 2 Shocker

"Rush!" 

I heard someone yell out my name from somewhere behind the bus. I met with a few of my school friends after subconsciously turning my head to the direction of the sound. I faked a smile and waved them a 'hi!' before sitting beside one of my other friends. 

I was rather quite the whole ride. All I did was sit with my elbows on my knees as the others happily chatted along the way. The bus stopped multiple times to pick up other children.

 As soon as someone boarded, their was a sharp skid and the bus would start again. Did I mention that the driver is always in a hurry? He does not bother waiting for the children to find a seat for themselves. Fortunately, we aren't that senseless to not know how to balance ourselves. Thus, there have been only seldom situations that someone has fallen.

      "Ay! Rush! Ralphie! Ralph!!" One of my friends cried, shaking me vigorously to get my attention.

"Yeah?" I muttered lazily. "You've been quiet." He asked. 

"Hm? Yeah... I'm just sleepy." I replied. My eyes had grey bags below them.

This guy can be really annoying at times. His name is Kale, Kale Price. He lives next door. He is a average heighted person with a high and squeaky voice. He always dresses in orange. He wears huge glasses which makes his face look like a nugget. His hair are short and messy. Mine are messier though.

My thoughts were yet again interrupted by a sharp skid. Many slammed their head against the seat afront. All the pupils got up and started walking out of their seats, still clamouring about something or the other. I subconsciously got up as well, following the others.

It was my turn to get off, which I did. I took a deep breath. I felt more robust. I noticed one of my friends peeking at me from the corner of his eye. He must've noticed me.

                        "You feel better know?" He asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

                                                "Yeah." I replied, smiling at him.

"Hey Rush!" I heard someone call out. Curious, I looked around to find the source of the voice. It turned out to be my teammates. Did I atleast mention that I'm the captain of our schools football league? I waved them a hi as I walked towards to join them. They were in their sport-Ts. One of them had a football in his hand. 

         "Why are you not in your football uniform?" One of them asked. My eyes widened. My heart kept skipping beats. 

   "Oh no, I completely forgot about the football finals we had today!" I cried. Everyone's face turned pale. There were a few gasps and mummers from the team.

 I had been practising for the football game since we were informed about it. I was excited about it. 'How could I just suddenly forget?!' I suddenly felt lightheaded. I felt numb.

    "Ralph, don't worry. I have a spare in my locker." He said, causing everyone else to let out a sigh of relief. "Tell me you've been practising." One of them asked, sounding concerned. 

"Of course! I've been waiting for this day since forever. I just suddenly happened to forget somehow ." I retorted. I was feeling a bit guilty. Our team would've been doomed if he weren't to have a spare T on him. Our coach is extremely strict. He is a tall and slim man with a red uniform and a cap with its shade facing backwards. He always has these very long nails for some reason.

'No uniform. No football.' He always says.

Climbing the stairs is probably the most exhausting part of school, especially when your class is on the top floor. Not very lucky. They never allowed us to use the lift. They only allow teachers to use it, which is extremely unfair.

"May I come in ma'am." I asked, stretching my hand out, eagerly waiting for the teachers response. She hit me with a slight nod. I walked in and found a place at the last table. I'm not much of a front-Bencher.

I received a few stares from my classmates.  "Hey Rush." "Wassup Ralph." "Hi Ralphie." A few of them greeted me along the way. I didn't bother replying and just nodded. I let out a sigh of relief as I placed my heavy bag on the seat beside me and melted into the desk. Did I mention I'm popular? Mostly due to me being in the school football league.

"Open your English books." Mrs. Monica instructed. Mrs. Monica Clive is our English teacher. She is greatly renewed for her two sided personality. She is a great teacher with a friendly attitude. She can be as strict as she can be nice though. There have been instances where pupils have ended up in the principals office through her.

Monica ma'am is a petite lady in her mid 30s. She has long, golden hair and small brown glasses.  She has bright green eyes, which many find rather attractive. It is very rare though. 

Everyone obliged and proceeded to follow her instructions. I heaved a sharp sigh as I bent to get my books out of the bag, placed alongside the desk, leaning against the desk wall, reliant on it. My bad was extremely sloppy at times. It was near impossible to get it stand straight. I always had to make efforts just to get some stupid book. 

Suddenly, the teachers phone started ringing. A few of us laughed on the extremely weird ringtone the teacher had. It was a bubbly tune with a spunky mix. The teacher picked up her phone, looking a bit unsettled. 

The teacher walked out of the classroom with her phone in her hand. She placed the books on the table before leaving. A few of some sighed as the teacher left. Soon, the class was louder. People started chatting with one-another, making good use of all the time they could get. 

The teacher re-entered the class with a stern face. Everyone suddenly kept silence. The teacher placed her phone in her bag and locked the cupboard. Everyone store at her in confusion. What was going on?

                                               "Children, pack your bags immediately."