A Spider's Thoughts

Start from the beginning

The other identity will be that of the Evil God D. Since I had already used this identity while talking with Agatha, I planned to expand the use of this persona even more. When I used it earlier, it was simply an alias used as the first level of defence against corruption.

Now, I would use it to take responsibility for all the actions perceived by other sentient beings as 'morally dubious' or 'evil.

Personally, the concepts of good or evil meant nothing at all to me. All that mattered to me was my own interests, safety, and enjoyment. To achieve this, I would display any sort of character, whether it was good or evil.

I had also been studying Mini-chan whenever I visited the 6th floor in my free time. Calling it a 'mini world tree' every single time is a mouthful so I will call it Mini-chan for now.

I had Mini-chan sealed with dimensional magecraft so that outsiders wouldn't stray into Nazarick again. For now, at the very least. I could feel the barrier weakening and it would have broken if I did not have my parallel minds concentrate on keeping it intact.

Under Mare's care, Mini-chan was growing rapidly. She did not have any more leaves yet, but she was integrating into Nazarick itself.

The world tree was also giving out mana instead of oxygen like a normal plant did. That was understandable as Mini-chan was a mythical tree after all. The guardians had also noticed the floors expanding from their original size at an extremely slow rate.

I went to another timeline to run some tests. The connection between Yggdrasill and Mini-chan, or rather, Nazarick still existed even when I was present in that other timeline. I could also feel Mini-chan trying to form a connection with the Yggdrasill in that timeline.

If I had not returned quickly, there would be two Yggdrasill's connected to Nazarick. Unless I abandoned Nazarick entirely and ran away, Yggdrasill would always be connected to Nazarick. I did not want to abandon Nazarick unless absolutely necessary.

This pressing issue required a solution, further incentivizing the idea of waging war on Asgard. I sighed, feeling the weight of the ever-increasing list of tasks I had to complete.

"Is something wrong, my lady?" Albedo asked, concerned.

'It's nothing, Albedo.' I calmly replied to her.

I can only solve all issues one step at a time. There really was no point fretting over these except putting myself in a bad mood.

Hmm, thinking about it now, I have barely spent any time until now with Vampy even though she is my own personal creation. I did not even give her a task until now. Guess I'll take Sophia with me on my next trip outside Nazarick. I planned to go outside again sometime after Shalltear left.

Just as I was thinking, one of the clones I had spread out all over Earth notified me:

'Body-in-charge, there are some pesky flies buzzing towards our web. They are possibly Asgardian soldiers.' There is someone heading toward the Olmec settlement?

'Pesky flies buzzing towards our web...hehe, interesting choice of words to talk about intruders.' The magic-in-charge responsible for experimenting with magic laughed derisively.

'Hey, don't mock my aesthetic sense. I feel being notified in this cryptic manner has a certain charm to it. Besides, we are one and the same so you should think so as well.' I replied.

'No way. If I had to give a phrase, it would be much cooler.' The magic-in-charge rebutted my claim. Before I could argue, it continued: 'Instead of arguing, shouldn't you think about how to deal with these Asgardians instead?'

That was fair. Dealing with the pesky flies was more important than arguing with one of my parallel minds. After all, I could argue with magic-in-charge later as well.

Since the guardians were present, I simply pulled out a mirror of remote viewing from my inventory for them to view as well.

"MY. LADY?" Cocytus spoke, doubt evident in his tone. The NPCs in the office were alarmed at my sudden actions.

'One of my clones notified me that Asgardian soldiers were heading towards the Olmec settlement.' I replied as I got the mirror to show the visuals I desired. The soldiers marching towards the settlement after inspecting my [Creation] spell could be seen clearly.

I had expected something like this to happen eventually, albeit with a low possibility. So, I already had prepared to benefit from this if possible.

I could let these soldiers return to Asgard safely but I wanted to take this calculated risk. There was a 97% that things would work out in my favour if I carried out the plan.

If discovered, of course, the dangers Nazarick faced would increase. But I had contingencies for that as well. As I said earlier, my path was one of becoming the almighty unkillable spider. The one who can never be squashed.

'Now, then...'