13- Hello Karasuno!

Start from the beginning

BAM!

The ball left Kageyama's hand with incredible force, a sharp and controlled spike of energy as it shot toward the other side of the court. He watched it closely, analyzing its trajectory and the slight spin he had applied to it. A satisfied smirk crossed his face as he saw it land precisely where he had intended, brushing the line with pinpoint accuracy.

However, just as Kageyama was about to celebrate his successful serve, he heard two familiar voices approaching from the gym's entrance. They burst into the gym, each wearing matching grins of excitement.

"I've won!" shouted Shoyo, his orange hair standing out against the gym's subdued lighting.

"No, you didn't, I won that one!" Sora insisted, his voice filled with conviction.

Shoyo crossed his arms and tilted his head defiantly. "No way, Sora. I got here first. My legs are faster!"

Sora's competitive spirit refused to back down as he continued to argue his point with Shoyo. He pointed a finger at his brother and declared, "What are you on about? I'm taller than you!"

Shoyo crossed his arms, unfazed by Sora's height-related argument. "Height doesn't determine who's faster, Sora. It's all about agility and speed. And I've got you beat in that department."

Sora sighed, conceding defeat in their playful argument. He knew that even if he had won, he'd still end up being the one to buy meat buns as a way to make amends. With a good-natured smile, he replied, "Hayst, okay okay, you won. I'll buy you meat buns later."

Shoyo's eyes lit up at the prospect of his favorite treat. "Deal! But you better not forget, Aniki!"

Kageyama, whom the Hinatas had not noticed, analyzed their faces and remembered that they were twins he faced off in Inter-Junior High.

"You two were at last year's..." Kageyama's muttered as it caught the attention of the twins.

The twins had different reactions when they saw Kageyama. Shoyo was surprised while Sora was annoyed.

'What the hell, I forgot that he was too dumb to enroll at Shiratorizawa!' Sora thought. He still hates the annoying attitude Kegayama has.

Kageyama raised an eyebrow at the mixed reactions from the twins. He remembered their faces clearly from their encounters during Inter-Junior High tournaments, particularly Shoyo's fiery and competitive nature on the court. It seemed that his presence had elicited some strong emotions from the twins.

Shoyo, still surprised, spoke up first, his curiosity getting the better of him. "You're Kageyama Tobio, right? We played against you in the tournament last year."

Kageyama nodded, acknowledging the recognition. "Yeah, that's me. I remember you two as well."

"So," Sora began as he clapped both of his hands. "What is the King of the Court doing here?"

Kageyama's expression tensed slightly at the mention of his infamous nickname, "King of the Court." It was a title he had earned due to his exceptional skills and precise plays on the volleyball court, but it also carried a complicated history and a reputation he wasn't entirely comfortable with.

"Don't call me that—"

"Oh, it seems the rumors are true." Sora cut Kageyama off.

"Huh?" Kageyama furrowed his brow, not quite sure what Sora was referring to.

"I heard you get angry when people call you that," Sora smirked. He then crossed his arms and did a thinking pose. "A king is pretty cool, huh? It fits you perfectly."