This time the people scattered until there wasn't many left.

I looked over at the cop who was nearing me.

Clueless.

I was clueless.

"What the hell is going on?!" I demanded "Why are you here has something happened?"

I lowered my tone, emotion in my voice "H-has Este been found?"

The cop frowned and shook his head "I'm afraid not, miss, there is another situation here"

And I knew what that situation was, but of course I wasn't going to tell him that John was lying at the bottom of the ocean, never to be seen again.

I crossed my arms "Well, what is it?"

He didn't say anything, but looked like he wanted too.

"Please! I'm a friend of John I deserve to know why the police are parked outside of his house!"

Friend.

Now that was a word I hadn't expected to ever describe that man.

The cop sighed and then looked around, leaning in "Alright, but just don't mention this to anyone else but....John didn't come home last night, his lady's worried....but we're not panicking yet"

I pretended to look shocked, and did a rather convincing job at it.

"You...you don't think it's linked to what happened to Este do you!" I gasped dramatically.

"Don't speculate yet miss, I'm sure it's just a mistake....we will have to talk to you later though-"

"Talk to me?! Well, I hardly think that's necessary!"

"It's just protocol miss, we're talking to everyone on the street who wasn't at the Halloween Bash"

So just me.

But I wasn't stressing, after all I had an alibi.

Good thing Este's sister's gonna swear she was with me.

And she was coming up behind me right now, "Hey! She was with me, dude" Danielle said to the cop, "All last night"

The cop coughed "Hm....really?"

"Yes, we were having our annual games night we do once a month, poker, chess....what's the other one?"

"Solitaire" I finished off for her

I chuckled "And I beat you fair and square!"

Danielle rolled her eyes, "Only because you cheated!"

"You can't cheat in Solitaire!" I elbowed her, jokingly, a grin on my face.

We both stopped laughing and looked over at the cop who was too smiling, "Alright then, I don't see a reason to have to talk to you"

He looked over at me, "Have a good day ma'm"

"And you too!" I nodded.

I waited until the cop was out of view and turned to Danielle.

"Do you think it worked?"

She bit her lip, "I hope so"

A cheeky smile appeared on her face "You did good"

"Well, I couldn't have done it without you"

Danielle lowered her voice, "Este can finally rest in peace now that man is gone"

The thought of her death made me upset of course, but knowing that she was at peace now helped a lot.