010. Happy birthday, Belly

Magsimula sa umpisa

Lana let out a cough to break her daze. "I'm gonna go call Trent, I'll be right back." She grabbed her phone out of her pocket, walking over to the foyer so they couldn't hear her scold Trent for his stupidity. "Don't start without me!"

Brining the phone up to her ear she waited for the line to stop ringing and hear her brothers agitated voice on the other side. She may of heard the line stop ringing, but she most definitely didn't hear her bothers deeper voice.

"Who's this?" Lana eyes widened in confusion as a female voice came on the other side of the phone.

"Trent's sister, who the hell are you."

A momentary amount of shuffling, she finally heard her brothers voice. "What do you want, Lana?"

"Where are you?" The brunette cut to the chase, knowing exactly what he was doing but not understanding why on a such important day.

"I'm at a friends, why?" He answered, sounding out of breath.

She wanted to gag at the thought, but held back. "Yeah, friends." She scoffed. "What is wrong with you? You're at some chicks house, instead of being home to celebrate Belly's birthday."

Silence was all she was given, until he finally spoke up. "It's not that important." He coldly replied, ending the call, leaving Lana dumbfounded and full of anger.

With a failed attempt of hoping he would answer when she called again, she shoved her phone back into her short pocket and headed back into the living room. Plastering on a smile, she sat on the floor beside Jeremiah.

He tapped on her shoulder and nodded his head, as a way of asking if he was coming.

Still keeping her smile and looking ahead, she shook her head.

"Okay, open mine now, Belly." Susannah smiled, leaning over to give the small gift over to the girl.

Belly shook it around and then carefully took the wrapping paper off, revealing a small velvet black box. She slowly opened it, forcing the rest in the unknown of what she got.

Lana already knew as she got the same thing for her sixteenth birthday. Susannah gave Lana a pearl bracelet, that was her mothers. It meant the world to her and she couldn't think of a better reason to give it to her girl. She had also been waiting for Belly's coming of age, deciding it was time for her set.

"Oh, wow." Belly said in admiration, toying with the pearl as she pulled it out. "They're gorgeous. Thank you, Susannah."

Susannah leant up, waltzing over to sit beside the birthday girl. She grabbed the pearls from her hands, and placed it around her neck. "My mom gave me these pearls for my sweet sixteen." She lovingly told her, tracing the pearls. "She told me if I ever had two girls, to give them the pearls. That's why you and Lana have them."

Lana smiled with the warmth of the meaning behind it. She tucked her knees into her chest, feeling it tighten. It hurt her to think that Xana would never have the thought to do this. That somebody else's mother had to do it for her. It almost made her want to go insane at the thought. But she brushed it away like normal, she couldn't seem like she was sad, not on somebody's big day.

"Radiant, isn't she?"

"They look great on you, sweetheart."