Two

ASHANTI CAMBRIDGE

ASHANTI CAMBRIDGE

Friday rolled around the corner really fast for Ashanti which she was excited for because she was finally finna see Logan.

"Shanti holdup"a voice along with a couple footsteps behind her.

Stopping she looked back seeing Mariah another black girl in the school but she was lightskin .

"Oh hey Mariah wassup?"shanti questioned and started back walking.

"Nothing jus wondering are you attending the game with me and summer , I mean you did promise "Mariah grinned .

The only reason why she agreed because they wouldn't shut up about it everytime she came around them they asking about the game.

"Yes I'm still coming but Im riding with you"shanti shrugged turning the corner.

"Ms Ashanti how you doing today " josh walked up and licking his lips at her.

Cringe wasn't even the word for this at this point it's embarrassing. "Josh get out of my face I'm late for class".

"When do people like you care about class.. come lemme take you to my car"Josh tried grabbing her but she pushed him back.

"See it's always black hoes like you that think to high of yourselves let me remind you of something your not cute at all " Josh walked closer to her.

"What the fuck Josh that shit not cool leave her alone like back tf off"Mariah stepped up.

Taking this moment she walked around Josh and headed to her class.

What he said did kinda faze her but then again not really she was use to it, hated because the color of her skin and at one point she thought she was extremely ugly.

"Ashanti your late ,  do you have a pass?" Her teacher Ms leveeta asked as she walked in.

Shaking her head no she walked to her seat sitting down getting settled in.

Ms laveeta continued with the class not saying anything else to her gladly .

Grabbing her computer she realized she didn't charge it neither did she have a computer charger with her.

Looking back she tapped a girl she never talked to and from the looks of it she looked mad but she needed a computer charger

"Excuse me " she tapped again not getting a response.

"I'm sorry to bother you but I really need a-Ashanti! so you come into my classroom late then think you have the time to talk and be a distraction in my class" ms laveeta yelled startling her .

"You would think you would take this class seriously- matter fact any class serious this is a privilege for you to be here you gone have the nerve to speak in my class , just sit there and shut your mouth" she continued.

Ashanti didn't have any words to say honestly but this was the last straw for Ashanti today she always had something to say and was very racist .

"First off what do you mean it's a privilege for me ? My momma paying money like any other student in this school , and don't fix your mouth to yell at me you don't yell at anybody else in this class so don't use it for me"Ashanti snapped back .

Ms leveeta and Ashanti held long eye contact before she spoke " grab your things and get out my class your mother and I will be having a conversation"

Ashanti gathered her things and walked out the class extremely upset.

There was literally nobody in this school she was close with , Ashanti was invisible but could be easily visible when it came to people talking down on her skin.

Walking down the hall she heard a lot of commotion instantly turning her head when she heard the voice of Mariah.

"Okay bitch?, you fucking white slut don't walk up to me with them beat up converses!"

By the time shanti made it over there you could see Mariah snatching the girl up and all she could do was watch everything unfold.

Mariah other friend ended up jumping in giving Ashanti the perfect time to calm Mariah down.

"Mariah chill , jus chill" shanti spoke grabbing her and removing her from the crowd.

"Get off me"Mariah snatched back.

"Mariah I know you mad but don't take that out on me"shanti scrunched her face up

"Cause were was you? You didn't even help me fake ass friend dude."she rolled her neck .

"Why would I jump in it was fair until your friend jumped in and I've never been fake to nobody"Shanti mugged her.

"Shanti stay the fuck away from me your fake as fuck"Mariah spoke "should've know not to be friends with a dark bitch who can't take up for themselves"she mumbled walking away.

Shaking her head she walked out the school and hopped in her car today literally blew her all the way.

-LATER TODAY-

Ashanti eyes looked around at all the people that was the same color of her skin instantly loving the environment.

This  was shanti first time going to one of Logan school games , literally it was so packed .

"Shanti you better move your feet girl you'll get lost in the crowd real fast"logan looked back grabbing shanti's hand.

"Logan can we go to the concession stands I really wanna try you guys cheese fries" shanti looked over at Logan seeing her nod.

"Wassup gwayyyyy" she heard a guy voice speak instantly making Logan stop and turn around

"Gwayyy , yo ass can come to the game but can't pop out at school that shi pitiful" Logan laughed side hugging him .

"Nawl Ian feel like getting up this morning, who this logan?" He questioned pointing at shanti who awkwardly looked around .

"This my bestfriend shanti she go to that private school Hampton." Logan spoke.

"I'm sorry hi I'm shanti what's your name?"shanti questioned now deciding she was gonna speak up

"I'm trey nice to meet you" he looked her up and down smiling making her shyly look away

"See no trey she's off limits you got to much going on at the moment"Logan bucked grabbing my hand pulling me to the concession stand line.

Logan and shanti stood in line until it was finally her time to order .

"Hi can I get the cheese fries please" Ashanti spoke up the best way she could

"Yes ma'am that will be 5 dollars "she smiled going to the beck grabbing the fries while Ashanti pulled out 5.

"Thanks"shanti gave her the dollar and grabbed the fries

"We gonna go back and sit with trey are you okay with that?"logan glanced at shanti while she ate the fries.

Only nodding they made their way back with trey only for him to be with 2 more boys which one was Logan no good boyfriend.

"Wassup shanti"key Logan bf looked at her.

Not using her words she waved not wanting to speak to him since she barely liked him or his ways.

The whole game trey and shanti interacted which ended in him getting her number .