Chapter 52. Cookies.

Start from the beginning

"Wait you knew?" Kiriwo asked, surprised. I nodded. "I do. I know. Grandpa and Opera talked about it before, on the couch. I think Opera knows that I know about it too." I said, my eyes resting their stare on the ground. I felt dissapointed that they wanted me gone, and were even considering sending me back, but I knew I couldn't do anything against it, it felt a bit hopeless.

"Oh." Kiriwo mouthed. "Are you sad?" He then asked, sounding a bit confused. "A little." I said. "I don't want to go back home. The human world isn't as nice as it seems."

"Why not?" He asked, turning his head a bit sidewards. "Because my parents live there." I said, playing with my hands. "And you don't like them?" Kiriwo then asked quriously. "I don't. I won't go back."

"Hmm.." Kiriwo began. "Then maybe.. I could just kidnap you and take you home with me?" He said, smiling. "That way you're always around, although.. ill have to hide you away from my brother." He said, staring at the wall. I stayed quiet before answering him.

"Id rather you'd not kidnap me.." I silently said, hoping he wouldn't be offended by it. Kiriwo shrugged. "Then go back to the human world, your choice." He said, not seeming like he cared one bit.

"I would hate to lose you though." He whispered. I was suprised, and pretended like I didn't hear him just say that. I don't want to ruin his mood again, he has mood swings the size of mountains. "Anyways.." He said, opening the zippen in his bag and pulling something out of it. He then grabbed a cookie from it. "Come here." He said. I slowly got closer to him, and he pushed the cookie with force in my mouth. I was confused.

"Did you drug this?" I asked once I was done eating the cookie. I should have probably spat it out, but didn't. I craved cookies. He shook his head. "I would have but we don't have enough time for something like that..~"

I stared at him, again confused. Time for what? "Oh, don't worry about it, Iruma~" He almost immediately said, grinning.  I think he ment to bite me, and so I ignored what just happened, again.

"Anyways now.." He brought a whole bag of cookies and placed it in front of me. "Give me your hand, after that you can eat more cookies." He said, smiling. The bribe kind of worked. The cookies did taste good. He scooted closer to me, in his hand was now a bloodbag and I hesitantly gave him my arm, however what he did was unexpected.

He slowly traced the lower part of my arm, a week ago this was still bandaged up. After the incident with the knife and opera thinking I was doing.. things.. the marks had turned into ugly scars. "I forgot you used to have bandages." He said, his attention now on me. "Did you cut yourself?" He asked, I nodded.

"Are you suicidal?" He then asked, and I shook my head vigorously. "No, no, no im not, I was hiding a knife in my sleeve from opera after I made my grandpa's sandwiches edible." I explained. He obviously didn't get it, he just looked at me weirdly.

"You sure? Because when I saved you the first time you kinda stood on a roof and almost fell down.. Is the reason you're always in danger because you want to die?" Again, I shook my head. "No, absolutely not. I don't think I would.. do something like that.."

My thoughts trailed off to that one dream I had, and then the sad expression on Opera's face. Then I thought of how Clara and Asmodeus would be heartbroken. I shook my head to try and get the vision away, Kiriwo was looking at me as if he was worried about my health.

If the guy that wants you to feel despair and pain constantly is feeling conserned for your well being, you did something wrong. I thought to myself.

"If you say so.." He then said, clearly confused and a bit worried, wich was very odd for him. He then swiftly pushed the needle into my arm, I shrieked. "Oh, sorry I should have asked." He said, smiling. "Now eat your cookies, I baked them for you."