I never thought I would be in danger but as soon as I smelled his scent, I knew that I met him again, but with this unexpected situation.

I know that I couldn't gotten to know him better if things had ended like this but I gripped the he of his coat and I saw how he looked at me. Still, when he smiled, I could see the similarities he had with Verfeil. It's as if they are the same person but their appearance is different.

What am I even thinking? I wanted to shake my head but before I could even do that, the old man loomed over our figures and eventually narrowed his wide eyes.

"Oh, so she's a friend of this young lad, but I guess it wouldn't hurt both of you if you just join us for a drink----" before the old man continued his words, someone from the farthest of the place in a corner, came to speak, and it gave me a chilling voice.

"Don't meddle with the boss' client this time, Sercus," then the man began to walk. He was now on the side of the bald fatty old man, and when I observed him, he was wearing a coat, but he had this black hat and a long hair unusual for any man at this time.

He had this narrowed-eyed look, with an elongated face and pointed jaw. When I looked at his waist, I could see a sword hidden in plain sight.

When I shifted my attention from the man to the bald one, I could see he was already sitting as he looked at the man and then clicked his tongue.

It didn't take any longer when he bent down to level his height on us and smiled.

"So why did you bring the noble lady into this dangerous place, young man?" I could sense danger from his tone and the way he made us smell his scent, alcohol roamed over my sense of smell.

It's intoxicating and yet, terrifyingly cruel to be put in this kind of situation.

"It's none of the Fether's business, so back off, Sir..." Crane answered and when I looked at the two of them I could see an invisible tension writing in the air, a line that had been pulsating from best, until the man sighed.

"I guess it's a client's personal business then, may you go there, young man, and bring your lady before she gets devoured by these eye-looking monsters," the moment he said those, Crane didn't spare any seconds to respond and his hand from hand tightened.

As he led me to where he was heading, he put his coat on me and covered my appearance.

"Why did you suddenly follow me here? You could be in danger, you know that?" I fixed his coat as I could sense from his voice a sense of worry and warning.

"I know but I thought I could help you by finding the book of Reisha in a table. I thought you were searching for it..."

"Shhh, you're just impossible to understand now, V---Lady Festin," did I misheard what he would have said earlier?

Shaking my head, I thought it was only because of the gust of wind, but I never thought that we would walk within this narrow-looking place, where Crane was only holding a candle with its handle, while the book was attached to his waist.

As we went further, the darker it got, but he halted and so did I when we were already in front of a wooden door with the seal of a snake pierced by a sword in the middle.

"Where are we----"

"Shhh," he gestured with his finger in between his lips.

"Don't talk and just follow me and observe what you see. However, when we leave in this place, you have to forget everything, Lady Festin"

"What are you up to this time, Crane?"

"Do you trust me?"

I didn't respond but I nodded when he tightened his grip on my hand again but this time he intertwined ours and when I looked at him, he only walked forward with firm gazes that I had never seen before.

"It's good to see you again, young master Crane..." the old man said and looked behind Crane to see me wearing the young man's coat.

I could sense that the old man was looking at me with narrowed eyes with his high-pitched voice as if he had encountered another wealth by saying Crane's name.

"It seemed that your eyes were somewhere than mine, Gludius," he said and the old man laughed. I tried to peek at the man but shivers went to cover my skin.

The old man was thin, but his face and clothes spoke as if he were from a noble lineage working from this hidden organization. If Claudius saw this man, he would immediately protect me at all costs and that was what Crane was doing now.

I just felt sorry for leaving him in the carriage and not knowing anything about what happened after that.

"As for the Vesron that you wanted, I have gained information where you would acquire it however, it's a very dangerous place. Would you like us to accompany you? But don't worry, it's only in the entrance that we were allowed to enter," As soon as the old man said those words, I looked at Crane.

He wasn't batting an eye and nodded afterward.

"Then shall we begin?" After the old man's snap, darkness invaded us and the only words I heard before I lost consciousness were the old man's words

"Don't worry, you two will have a very sweet dream in the Crevon place..."