005| all that you cant leave behind

( season one, episode five )—————

—————

CASSIE WALKED through the door of Karen's Cafe. "Haley! I got your text!"

Lucas, who was sitting at the counter, turned in shock as he saw the girl.

Before speaking another word, the girl turned around, walking out the door.

She muttered curses to herself for falling into Haley's trap of getting her and Lucas in the same room. It had been a couple days after the two's fight and they hadn't talked since.

When Lucas then confronted Haley, he found out she knew too. So he also stopped talking to her. Haley figured if she got the two together they would talk it out and everything between the three would be alright again.

Figured.

Cassie wasn't going to apologize because there was nothing for her to apologize for. The entire reason she tutored Nathan was to make sure Lucas didn't get bullied.

And Lucas wasn't going to apologize because he thought she was sneaking around with Nathan behind his back. The defending him, her leaving her bracelet in the car he was driving, it all adds up.

But because the two weren't speaking, he didn't get the truth. The issue of having two very stubborn people very pissed at one another.

"Cassie!"

Or maybe not.

With a roll of her eyes, she turned around to Lucas. "What?"

"How long are we gonna do this?" Lucas asked. "Until you apologize for barging into my house, screaming at me, and then leaving before I could explain myself." The girl fake smiled.

"You want me to apologize? You're the one who lied to me." Lucas widened his eyes.

"I never lied about anything, because I didn't get to say anything in the first place!" Cassie exclaimed. "I mean really, Luke, what if Nathan just gave me a ride? Then what? What if it was just a kind gesture?"

Lucas scoffed. "Because nothing about Nathan is kind."

Cassie narrowed her eyes. "And you know that how? You've never sat down and had a conversation with him."

"And obviously you have." Lucas gritted.

Cassie ran her hands through her hair from frustration. "God, Lucas!"