xv. Sad tears

Season one, chapter fifteen

"Sorrow"

WHEN THEY arrived at the restaurant all Thea wanted to do was lock herself in her room, listen to loud music and not come out for a while. She was filled with rage and was having a hard time containing her emotions in front of her teammates, she wanted to scream, cry and hit something in order to vent a little, if she didn't she would probably explode.

"Hana, Thea, take a seat. Let me see your wounds" Ms. Chu exclaimed but both girls walked past her

"I'm fine" Hana excused herself

"I'm fine too, no need to worry" Thea was quick to say, forcing a smile on her face before almost literally running towards her room

Both of them going in opposite directions but with the same feelings. The trio watched as both girls hurriedly walked in different directions, both with the same serious expression.

"What's with them?" Ms. Chu questioned with raised brows "Is something going on?"

"Their pride must be hurt after taking a blow from a level three. Mun you need to pull yourself together. They'll get you if you lose your focus" Mo-tak explained shrugging his shoulders

"I think I finally understand what you meant before, Mo-tak. You told me to increase my threshold" Mun spoke without taking his eyes off the direction in which Thea had gone

However, on the other hand, when Thea entered her room and closed the door behind her, she leaned against the wooden door, sliding her back along it until she ended up sitting on the cold floor. It didn't take long for the tears to come out of her eyes as if they were small diamonds.

She bit her lower lip, letting her head fall back for a few seconds before hugging her legs and hiding her head between them with her long hair falling to the sides.

Why was she crying? Supposedly she had already over the loss of her family, but whenever someone asked her about her past she couldn't help but burst into tears and avoid answering at all costs. Who is she kidding? She really hadn't got over any of that, instead it tormented her day and night wondering what she could have done to save her parents and brother from that horrible death.

Thea raised her head, her eyes were red and watery but now there was no expression on her face. She rose weakly from the ground, bringing a hand up to her cheeks to wipe away the traitorous tears that remained on her rosy cheeks.

Thea grabbed a book from her shelf, maybe reading would calm her down a bit and avoid ending up destroying her entire room. She sniffled before falling onto her soft bed. She opened the book halfway, although the small words were a bit blurry to Thea, as tears still lingered in her brown eyes.

She squeezed the book tightly, her knuckles turned white in a matter of seconds and the memories did not stop from passing through her head like small fragments of her entire life. Nothing seemed to make her forget those painful memories, she let out a shaky breath and the book in her hands ended up in pieces in a matter of seconds.

MY ONLY LOVE  ━━  The Uncanny Counter On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara