5.

The food was delicious, something you could definitely get used to. Cumulus asked Rain how you were progressing and he complimented how fast you had learned, Dew scoffing in a jest.

"You're just upset I doused you with water," you giggled, causing Cumulus to do the same with Cirrus.

"Yea." Dew said, "I am, actually."

Rain shook his head with a smile, "you're actually just mad they're progressing faster than you ever did."

"Shut up!" The fire ghoul hissed, elbowing Rain.

Rain rubbed his arm with a fake sad face and went back to eating his food. Dew scarfed his down and took his own plate to the kitchen and didn't come back, leaving you curious, was he really that angry at a simple jest? Maybe you'd see him later at the pond again and ask him about it since you planned to visit it tonight anyways.

Rain seemed a little more distant after Dew left, and just spectated the remaining conversations, which Mountain definitely noticed and took him aside, clearing both their plates.

"What's up with them?" Swiss asked, raising a brow.

Aether and you exchanged a glance, and you shrugged, "no idea, might be tired or something."

The multi ghoul trusted your judgement, and left the subject alone, finishing his food and offering to take the empty plates. You took a couple of the plates too, excusing yourself to your room.

Once inside your room, you sat down at the desk and tried to write something on the stationary, as if you were going to write a letter to someone from your life before this church. You wanted to tell people you were okay, but you really weren't okay in the end, so you crumpled up the note and tossed it to the side, putting your head in your hands for a moment to breathe.

You mourned your own death, your life was taken from you by the person who you thought you could trust. You only got it back by chance because of some nice strangers. Arguably, this wasn't your life anymore, as you had to start over completely with friends and you had no family to go to anymore. You cried for a moment, wiping your tears with your shirt and then getting up to go to the bathroom.

You leaned on the counter and looked at yourself in the mirror once more, a familiar face peered at you, but you had changed so much in the past few days that it made you look at yourself in sort of a third-person view.

"Fuck!" You yelled, and slammed your hand on the counter, it knocked over one of the sample shower gels and you walked out of the bathroom, slamming the door and leaning against it, sliding to the floor.

You looked over at the crumpled stationary with a frown, looking up and softly banging your head against the door as you tried to ignore the shuffling footsteps from the hallway and the muffled conversations from sisters and brothers as they wished each other goodnight.

One set of footsteps stopped outside of your room, staying there. You tried to muffle your sobs through a hand and stopped banging your head against the door, why was this person listening? You stared at the disrupted pool of light from the bottom of your door, waiting for it to go away.

It eventually left your door and you sighed in relief letting out a shaky cry before pulling yourself up and throwing on some shorts and a t-shirt you didn't mind getting wet. You opened your door and peeked out to make sure the hall was empty before leaving your room with a towel and no shoes, jogging to the pond.

You threw open the door and walked out into the cool night air, closing your eyes to let the moonlight wash over you after sitting down on a large rock by the water. You stayed there for a minute, listening to the sounds of the forest around you, the forest you were allegedly found in.