2.

You dreamed of the ghoul who saved you, the one with the bi-colored eyes. Why would he do that? He doesn't know you.

Your thoughts eventually woke you up, and you sat up straight in the comfortable bed, surprised that yesterday wasn't a dream.

A soft knock came from your door, and you hoarsely responded, "come in."

One of the female ghouls entered your room, approaching you with a meal on a tray and a bed table folded under her arm, "hey, did you sleep well?" You recognized this voice as the one who was tending to you before the summoning, if it could be called that. "Hey, I'm Cumulus," she said, setting the tray on the bedside table.

You nodded with a weak smile, "nice to meet you, Cumulus."

She gave you a close eyed smile as she set up the small foldable table over your legs, moving the tray atop it, "it's nice to see you awake, I can finally ask your name!" She pulled over the chair from the desk to sit at your bedside.

"I'm {Name}," you replied before smelling the wonderful breakfast she provided, sighing into the warmth of the food, taking a bite.

"That's a lovely name," Cumulus smiled, watching you eat the food.

"This is so good!" You said before taking another bite, feeling much more hungry than you had ever felt.

"Im glad, our kitchen staff worked hard to make a welcoming meal for you, we didn't know what you liked so.." she gestured to the tray with a giggle, "you got a little of everything."

You chuckled, your mouth full of food. You swallowed down the big bite, "it's much appreciated, I didn't think I could ever be this hungry."

"You took quite the beating," she said with a slight look of concern, "I'm not surprised that you're hungry."

Your mood dropped for a moment, remembering the pain you once felt, quickly shaking off the feeling as to not worry her, "I suppose so."

She talked with you while you ate, and when you finished she cleaned up the tray and table, stacking them on the desk on her way to the wardrobe. She pulled out a uniform similar to the ones the other ghouls wore and set it on the edge of the bed, "you should get dressed and then meet me outside, I'll take you to Papa's office."

You nodded and she exited your room. You stood up and took the clothes from the edge of the bed, walking into the bathroom to get ready. You caught a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and gasped, touching your face with your hands. Your skin looked colder, a somewhat ashy color on your extremities and two very small horns came up from your head.

You touched the horns, thinking this was a cruel joke, but they were real. Your skin was real too, as you tried to wash it off under the sink, but to no avail. You looked like your normal self otherwise, the ashy color on your skin was on your fingertips, ears and toes, easily able to be hidden with some gloves or headphones. One thing you couldn't hide was your eyes, now a chilling, yet familiar shade of blue that you recognized to be the same as that one ghoul you saw. You threw the uniform on, it fit nicely, and you met Cumulus outside.

She must have sensed your discomfort, "yea, these changes weren't on you yesterday, were they?" You shook your head, "they may continue to develop over time, the changes take some time to get used to."

You nodded and she walked you to Papa's office, ushering you inside before leaving you. You walked to one of the chairs in front of his desk, clasping your hands together in your lap.

"Hello! My dear one!" Papa smiled happily at you, "I'm so glad to see you."

You smiled weakly at him, "thank you, Papa."