The elf ignored your warning. He swung his blade, which turned into a metal whip, knocking stuff from your hand and slicing your right cheek in the process you could tell that the cut was deep from the way that it stung.

You yelped in pain and placed a hand your cheek as you lost balance, and fell, scurrying away from your attacker.

"Tell me what you did to him!" The elf commanded.

You didn't answer you were too afraid to talk in a bit confused as well.

He brought his blade down towards your heart with quick thinking you grabbed the dagger in your boot and blocked his attack. You used to a little strength you had in that moment to keep the blade from cutting you.

The elf grabbed another blade and swing it at you. You flinched and slammed your eyes shut.

" enough!" It was ibis' voice. You opened your eyes to see him standing in the entrance. "Mother. Father, she isn't he enemy, stand down."

The elf put his blades away and shot you a cold warning look.

Ibis walked over to you and pulled you to your feet. You hid your bleeding cheek from him, but ibis noticed the blood on your palm. "Where are you bleeding?" He asked you.

You turned your face so he could see your cheek. Ibis gasped, then his face showed anger. "What did you do?!?" He shouted, turning to the elf he had just called father.

You grabbed ibis' wrist with your free hand. "He didn't attack me just to attack me. They must of thought I'd hurt you in some way." You said. "Oh, and I may or may not have been holding your staff when they first saw me."

"Your also wearing my jacket." Ibis stated, picking up his staff. "But I did hear lightning, did you perform a spell on your own?"

You nodded. "Two actually."

Ibis smiled. "I knew you could... now let me take care of your cut."

Ibis' father cleared his throat. "Who exactly is she?"

Ibis froze at this question.

"Even if the war is over we still can't trust this...this human."

"Her name is y/n." Ibis said as he cleaned your cut.

"Ragnar..." a gentle voice said. "Our son is smart he knows not to trust them too much."

Ibis looked lovingly at you as you sat in the chair. "I trust you with my life." He whispered so only you could hear.

"I have trusted you with mine." You stated.

Ibis smiled at you. "There I stoped the bleeding,  it I'm not sure how to bandage this cut." He held up his finger and rummaged through his bag until he located what he was looking for. An aquamarine. He crushed it and uttered words you cared not for, that is until you felt the pain in your cheek disappear. "I would have loved to use that spell on your other wound, unfortunately it only works on surface cuts."

You touched your cheek and felt tight skin, a scar.

Ibis grabbed your hand. "Still beautiful." He whispered before standing up and walking over to his parents. "I missed you." he said.

They hugged him back. "We missed you too." His mother said.

You sighed you wished your parents would love you the way ibis' did, but once you left for xadia, they became cold and distant. You knew if you told them you were studying magic, they would go ballistic, so you kept it a secret.

Ibis' parents turned their attention towards you. "Son don't tell me you have a human friend." His mother said.

"She is my friend, we've been through a lot together." 

You chuckled and nodded before grabbing your side and hissing in pain.

Ibis gave you a sympathetic look.

"I'm alright." You said.

Ragnar, ibis' father, took a step closer. "I do wonder, why didn't you answer my question instead of fighting?"

You hesitated. "Well yo be honors I thought you where after Zym." You admitted rather shyly.

"Zym?" He asked, tilting his head.

"Azymondias, the-" you gasped as, if on que, zym came bolting out of the room and barreling into ibis, knocking him over and licking his face. "...dragon prince." You finished.

Ibis started to laugh. "Zym no! Not my mouth!!! Y/n, help!"

"Oh yes, I'll help..." you said, tickling ibis.

"No! Help me, not zym!!!"

"All right, all right." You said, pulling zym off of ibis. " you deserved it." You said, chuckling.

"Yah yah go ahead and laugh at me." He said.

You smiled. " as I said, you deserved it."

Ibis chucked and dusted himself off. "Ok, so maybe I did."

"You two seem very close." Ragnar said, walking towards the two of you.

"Well when your assigned to guard the storm spire together, you become pretty close." Ibis admitted, putting an arm around you.

You booped his nose playfully.

He gave you a smile. "What was that for?" He asked.

You just smiled before yawning. Healing from a wound tone size was exhausting.

Ibis shook his head. "Go get some wrest, you need it."

"I but-"

"Y/n, don't ignore what your body is telling you."

You groaned, but he was right and you knew it. "Fine, I'll go get some wrest." You grumbled.