Part 24 : Grateful to have you!

Start from the beginning

Sharda saw the interaction with great deal of interest. The bond Arnav shared with them was beyond brotherhood. When Arnav had called Aryan his child, she thought he meant it in general but now she knew Arnav meant exactly what he said. Ayaansh seemed no different to her. She was sure Arnav loved him very much the same. The indulgent smile on his face with which he was listening to their talks was proof enough.

"Ani Kahan hai?" Arnav asked in between.

"Ek call aa gya tha usse. Subah subah chala gya." Ashi said.

"Did he eat anything?"

Ashi nodded.

"Bhaiyu toh ja hi rhe the bina khaye. Bhabhi ne achche se class li unki phir khila ke bheja. Maza aa gya, Bhaiya, aapko shakal dekhni chahiye thi Bhaiyu ki." Aryan said gleefully.

Ayaansh whacked him. "Tujhe toh maza aayega hi. Tune hi shikayat ki na Bhabhi ko?"

Aryan gave a wide grin. Ayaansh rolled his eyes. His little brother was very remorseful, indeed!

"Bhaiya!!" Arnav looked at his brother who was giving him his infamous puppy eyes. He raised his eyebrows. Aryan pointed towards the glass of milk.

"Aru, natak mat kar aur jaldi finish kar." Ashi scolded.

"Please, Bhabhi!" Aryan pleaded. "Sham ko de dena aap!"

"Aryan!"

Aryan tried to charm her with his innocent looks and those puppy eyes that always worked on his Bhaiya. He was sure that would work on his Bhabhi too. But Ashi just glared him down without a change in her expression.

Arnav bit back his smile.

At last, Aryan gave in and scoffed. "Bhabhi mujhse bilkul pyaar nhi karti, Bhaiya."

Ashi had had enough. She took the glass and forced Aryan to have it. Aryan gagged but Ashi made sure he had every last drop. Ayaansh tried escaping quietly but Ashi only had to glare at him for picking up his glass and drink it without any tantrums. He was so not crossing his Bhabhi in that mode.

"Aap bohot buri ho, Bhabhi." Aryan turned away his face.

Ashi smiled. He looked adorable with his puffed up cheeks and a cute scowl on his face. She took the edge of her dupatta, cleaned the corner of his lips and kissed his forehead.

Arnav's heart swelled. This was something that he had never been able to give his child. A mother! He was immensely grateful for Ashi for being the blessings of their lives!

"Haan, bohot buri hai teri Bhabhi."

Aryan pouted and then hugged her midriff. "Meri Bhabhi world ki best Bhabhi hai. Kuch mat bolo aap unko."

Ashi ruffled his hair.

"Haan, humari Bhabhi ke baare me kuch nhi sunenge hum." Ayaansh hugged Ashi from back. "She's the best."

Ashi laughed at their antics. Singhania brothers were damn charming within even trying to be.

Arnav stopped the car for Aryan as they reached. Aryan hugged him before leaving and walked away. Arnav started the car again and stopped after five minutes. He got down with Ayaansh.

"Kya hua, Bhaiya?" Ayaansh asked. If Arnav stepped out with him, then he surely wanted to talk.

"Kal Ritvik aayega tere school."

"Ritvik sir? Humare school me?" Ayaansh was pleasantly surprised.

Arnav nodded. "He's the one who will be picking up singers from your school to perform in the fest."