Todoroki x reader

Summary : Todoroki and you have been dating for sometime now due to a quirk marriage/relationship. Things get complicated and you two end up in an argument.
- Angst with comfort
- season 1 Todoroki

——

You fell to the floor with a hard thud, back on the floor with Todoroki hovering over you. You were out of breath from training and struggled to move as he gripped your wrists tighter. "Todoroki- let go-I'm done..!" You kept struggling but that only made it somehow harder to move.. "no. We're not done here. You need to train more." He looked up at you with that hint of aggression in his eyes, you never liked that look, it reminded you of how he looked at his father.
Even though it was hard to move, you managed to push him away, glaring at him. He rolled his eyes and said; "don't look at me like that. You know it's true..just because you have a quirk that my father sees as 'worthy', doesn't mean your actually good enough." And there he was again, pushing his insecurities onto you. You believe he does this because you remind him of his father, and how he was forced to do this whole relationship and marriage thing..it wasn't like it was your fault! You were pushed into it as well because of you money hungry mother who sold you off to the Todoroki family.

.
.

The next day you found that Todoroki was ignoring you, not even giving you a glance. You knew that his father would be upset if he came home angry, knowing that it was somehow your fault. You know Endeavor respects you, well as much as he could, hints the facts that his son was soon to marry you. So knowing that, you had to make it up to Todoroki  somehow to avoid it becoming a bigger problem than it needs to be.

At the end of class you tugged on Todoroki's uniform sleeve, but he ripped your hand off and scowled; "what do you want? I'm busy."   You became nervous and looked away, all the confidence you had disappeared in an instant. The mixed hair boy looked at you with somehow even more anger than usual; "I don't have time for this (L/N). Tell me now or I'm leaving." You sighed and looked back up, simply saying "I'm sorry." Todoroki had looked shocked for a moment but returned to his usual blank stare. You continued speaking since it didn't look like he was going to say anything.."I'm sorry. Sorry for never being enough for you. Sorry for never being what you need me to be. I just...wish I was good enough for you.." sure, that's not what you intended to say, but it all just came out at that moment.
He backed away in surprise, "(l/n)..I-" you looked him dead in the eyes "no. Save it" you began to walk away. Not saying anything else , with him still standing in surprise..

The next couple of days you ignored him, as he did to you. You would catch him staring across the room at you but you wouldn't budge so you continued to ignore him.
After class that day he did the exact same thing to you, tugging on you sleeve " (L/N), can we talk?" You didn't even spare him a glance as you said "make it quick" looking at you he became all nervous but still managed to say ;" I shouldn't have treated you like that. It was wrong of me. I know that you're an amazing person, inside and out. But I pushed my insecurities onto to you and that was terrible of me. So..I'm sorry" you were shocked to say the least, Shoto Todoroki..apologizing..and apologizing to you? You really didn't know what to say at this point. "You don't have to forgive me. And I don't expect you to, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry." You turned around facing him, now slightly smiling "it's okay. I forgive you. I just..wanted to hear you say it. Hear you say that you're sorry." He smiles back at you. Something you've never seen before.

The following days have been much better,, from you and Shoto sitting together, talking, and just generally having a good time. Maybe it wasn't so bad with him, but of course, you're both still growing and learning as you go.