Chapter 1-6: Imprisoned

Lazing on a rock near the gentle stream at our new campsite, I open my eyes as I hear footsteps nearing our campsite.

Aang enthusiastically exclaims, "Great, you're back!"

He leaps off of the root he was laying on, and I sit up, stretching my back.

I ask, "What's for dinner?"

Sokka pulls a handful of nuts out of his bag, saying, "We've got a few options. First, round nuts. And some kind of oval shaped nuts? And some rock-shaped nuts that might just be rocks. Dig in!"

I deadpan at him as Katara asks, "Seriously... what else you got?"

Momo coos, sniffing a rock-shaped nut before taking it with one of his paws, slapping it against a stone. When he does, we hear a loud thumping sound in the distance. Momo shrieks, his hair standing on end.

Sokka asks, "What was that?"

We hear another thumping sound, and Aang exclaims, "It's coming from over here!"

We start running toward the sound, and Sokka asks, "Shouldn't we run away from huge booms, not toward them?"

We hide behind a fallen tree, spying on a young boy bending boulders into the air and punching them into the side of the ravine.

I exclaim, "An erthbender!"

Aang exclaims, "Let's go meet him!"

Sokka says, "He looks dangerous, so we should approach cautiously."

Katara doesn't listen, creeping out of hiding and addressing the earthbender, "Hello there! I'm Katara! What's your name?"

The young boy gasps in surprise, dropping the boulder he was bending to the ground. He flees quickly, bringing down an avalanche of boulders with his bending to block the exit.

We stand next to Katara, and Aang calls out, "Nice to meet you!"

I say, "Well, that was a bust."

Katara shrugs, saying, "I just wanted to say hi."

Aang says, "Hey! That guy's gotta be running somewhere."

I ask, "You think we're near a village?"

Aang nods, exclaiming, "And I bet that village has a market!"

Katara excitedly says, "Which means no nuts for dinner!"

We run the same direction the boy did, Sokka slowly following behind us. We eventually find a mining village, strolling through the streets.

Aang says to a shopkeeper, "Nice hat! I'll trade you some nuts for it."

The shopkeeper shrugs, taking the nuts as payment. Aang puts on the hat as Katara and I watch the boy from earlier enter a shop. Katara and I enter the shop soon after him, Aang and Sokka behind us.

We hear the woman behind the counter ask, "Where have you been, Haru? You're late! Get started on your chores."

Katara says, "Hey, you're that kid. Why did you run away before?"

The boy nervously says, "Uh, you must have me confused with some other kid."

I say, "No, we definitely saw you earthbending."

Haru and the woman gasp, and she is quick to shut the door and windows.

She asks, "They saw you do what?!"

Haru exclaims, "They're crazy, Mom! I mean, look at how they're dressed."

Aang gazes at his new conical hat in confusion, and I say, "Rude."