Chapter 1-3: The Southern Air Temple

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so late. I got caught up in playing a game that's been on my list for a while.

It took all night to get close to the Southern Air Temple, so we made camp. My sleeping roll is near Appa and Aang, but Sokka's is further away from me. I guess he still doesn't trust me yet. I wake up with the sun, and so do Aang and Katara, but Sokka's still asleep. We started packing up out things while waiting for Sokka to wake up.

Aang exclaims, "Wait 'til you see it, Katara! The Air Temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world!"

I add, "Yeah, the Sourthern Temple is one of the most majestic and spiritual places I've ever seen!"

Katara turns to face us, saying, "Guys, I know you're excited, but it's been a hundred years since you've been home."

Aang smiles broadly, saying, "That's why we're so excited! Right, Ryu?"

I nod as Katara says, "It's just that... a lot can change in all that time."

Aang says, "I know, but I need to see it for myself."

I frown, adding, "I need to see what they did to my home."

I see Katara avoiding my gaze, so Aang and I head over to a snoring Sokka. It's mid-morning now, and we've been awake for a few hours now.

Aang cheerfully says, "Wake up, Sokka! Air Temple, here we come!"

Sokka opens his eyes for a second, then closes them.

He grunts sleepily, "Ugh. Sleep now. Temple later."

Sokka turns around, lays on his stomach, and falls back asleep. Aang's eyes blink in surprise, then he smiles mischievously. He grabs a small, thin stick, and looks at me. I smile mischievously back, and Aang drags the stick across Sokka's back.

I say in a fake alarmed voice, "Sokka! Wake up!"

As I stifle a giggle, Aang adds, "There's a prickle snake in your sleeping bag!"

Sokka screams out in horror, "Ahh! Get it off! Get it off! Ahh!"

I burst out in laughter as he hops out of his sleeping bag, and he glares angrily at me, realizing it was a prank.

Aang says happily, "Great, you're awake! Let's go!"

Sokka mutters something under his breath, and we soon fly toward the Temple on Appa. As we reach the Potola Mountain range, Sokka's stomach growls loudly.

He clutches his stomach, saying, "Hey stomach, be quiet, alright? I'm trying to find us some food."

He starts going through his bag and grabs a small pouch. He tries to dump its contents in his mouth, but it's empty. He dumps it into his hand, and a few crumbs fall out.

He exclaims, "Hey! Who ate my blubbering seal jerky?! Ryuza, what did you do with my food?!"

I scoff, replying, "First, how could I open a small draw-string bag with one arm? Second, I'm allergic to seafood. Lastly, I thought we were on good terms after yesterday!"

Sokka huffs, crossing his arms, saying, "Whatever."

Aang says, "Wait, that was food? I used it to start the campfire last night. Sorry."

I huff, "See? It wasn't me!"

Sokka ignores me, exclaiming, "You what?! Aw, no wonder the flames smelled so good."

Appa ascends the mountains, and Aang exclaims, "The Potola Mountain range! We're almost there!"

Katara says, "Aang, Ryuza, before we get to the temple, I want to talk to you about the airbenders."