2. Frost, a Guardian?

"Bunnymund." I scold. He turns to face me, a look of worry and fear in his eyes, but he pretends it's not there by glaring at me.

"You should get him then, since you're so fond of him." I say. Bunnymund walks up to me.

"Why don't you go? I don't think anyone wants you here any longer." Bunnymund says.

"Both go!" North intersects. "You both get Frost."

Bunnymund glares at him, and I stare blankly. "Why not? It's a challenge that I'm up for." I say.

"No!" Bunnymund says.

"Why? Are you too scared that the Grimm Reaper'll kill you?" I taunt.

He glares at me before stopping the ground, going to Burgess, the town Frost is in.

I slash my scythe, almost hitting a fairy who was too close and walking through it.

I turn into the shadows and look for Frost. I see him staring into the distance. I make a noise and fly to Bunnymund. Frost follows and falls into the trap.

I turn back to my skeleton form and watch as Bunnymund comes out of the shadows.

Pretty boy is picked up by a yeti and thrown in a sack. I feel bad for - wait? Pretty boy?

I feel my stomach to flips. My face would have heat up had I not been a skeleton.

I create a portal from my shadows and walk through. I noticed that the yeti threw Frost onto the ground. I feel really bad now.

"He's here." North says loudly.

Tooth is rambling to her fairies as Frost looks around, confused as hell.

"Hey, there he is." North bounds over to the confused Frost. "Jack Frost!" Tooth shuts up and looks over at Jack immediately.

"Wow.." Jack mumbles, looking at the four of them, I'm behind him so he can't see me. "You gotta be kidding me..."

Two yetis pick Jack up and put him on his feet, his bear feet. "Hope de yetis treated you well." North says.

"Oh, yeah..." Frost jokes, twirling his staff around. "I loved being shoved in a sack and tossed through a magic portal." He almost glares.

"Oh-ho-ho. Good, that was my idea." North says proudly. "You know Bunny." He points to Bunnymund.

"Obviously." Jack snickers.

"And the Tooth fairy." North says.

Tooth flies over to Jack, "Hello Jack, I've heard a lot about you and your teeth."

"My... my what?" He looks confused.

"Open up! Are they really as white as they say? Oh, they really do this sparkle like freshly falling snow." Tooth notices. Her fairies squeal.

"Girls, pull yourselves together." Toothiana scolds. "Let's not disgrace the uniform."

"And Sandman!" North bounds. Sandy is fals asleep. "Sandy?" North taps him awake. "WAKE UP!"

"Hey, oh. Anyone want to tell me why I'm here?" Jack asks. Sandy tries to explain and Jack crouches down, but Sandy's not really helping. "Uh, that-thats not really helping, but thanks, little man."

Jack stands up and turns around, his eyes closed. "Man, I must've done something really abdomen to get you four together. Am I on the naughty list?"

He turns and faces North, barely infront of me. North laughs and says, "On that naughty list? You hold record, but no matter, we overlook. Now we are wiping clean the slate."

Jack turns around and walks farther back he freezes and look up to meet my 'eyes' (skeleton with no eyes).

He jumps back slightly and North says, "That is Grimm Reaper, Death."

"Uh, hello?" Jack greets?

"Hello." I say in return.

He turns to face North. "So why am I here?"

I hold up my hand right as North goes to speak. He shuts his trap and motions to me, so Jack spins around to face me.

"You, Jack Frost, are a Guardian." I say, I stopped North because I knew he is too energetic for the winter spirit.

Yetis swing sticks on fire around and music is played by elves. It's unsettling to say the least, I think they can tell because Death himself jumped at the noise.

Fairies bring Jack a necklace, he rejects it, elves bring shoes he shakes his head no.

North opens a book and looks Jack dead in the eye. Jack raises his staff and pounds it on the ground, silencing the music and freezing the flames.

"What makes you think I want to be a guardian?" He asks.

I glare at the yetis behind him that are in front of me, they feel my deadly glare and move away awkwardly.

North laughs. "Of course you do. MUSIC!" The elves start playing and overwhelming the silence.

"No music!" Jack stops it. "This is all very flattering, but uh. You don't want me, your all hard work, and deadlines. And I'm snowballs and fun times. I'm not a guardian."

"Heh, that's exactly what I said." Bunnymund elbows North.

"Jack, I don't think you understand what it is we do." Tooth flies over to be in front of the globe. "Each of those lights is a child."

"A child who believes." North intersects. "And hood or bad, naughty or nice, we protect them."

"Tooth." I scold, noticing she's bothering Jack. She freezes and quickly flies behind Bunny and Sandy.

Jack easily takes notice of the fear they feel when looking at me, all except Sandy.

"Okay, no more wishy-washy. Pitch is out there doing who knows what." North says.

"You mean, the boogyman?" Jack chuckles.

"Yes." I say grimly.

"When Pitch threatens us, he threatens them as well." North explains.

"All the more reason to pick someone more qualified." Jack says, walking away.

The Guardians freeze when I scoff. Jack turns to me. "Pick?" I look at him, dumbfounded.

"Do you really think that we pick the next Guardian?" I ask him.

"Well, yeah." He says, feeling a bit stupid for not knowing.

"No." I say. "The Man in the Moon chooses."

"What?" He asks.

"Last night, Jack, he chose you." Tooth says.

"The Man in the Moon... He talks to you?" Jack asks.

"No." I say and Jack looks at me. "He talks to them, I've never once heard him speak."

"But either way." I stand straight up and use my scythe to point to the faint glimmer of the moon. "You cannot say no. It is your fate."

"Why wouldn't he tell me that himself?" Jack asks me. I was a bit shocked, he's the only one, besides Sandy, to talk to me without expecting something bad to happen.

"After 300 years, this is his answer?" Jack looks at the others. "To spend eternity like you guys, cooped up in some... some hideout thinking of... of new ways to bribe kids? No, no. That's not for me."

Jack looks at them normally, "No offense."

"How is that not offensive?" Bunnymund asks. "You know what I think? I think we've just dodged a bullet, I mean. What's this clown know about bringing joy to children?"

"Uh? You ever heard of a Snow-Day?" Jack retorts, smirking. "I know it's no hard-boiled egg, but kids like what I do."

"But none of them believe in you." Bunnymund says. "Do they? You see, you're invisible, mate. It's like you don't even exist."