New Friends

By the time lunchtime began, you were practically nothing more than a corpse.

A very sad, tired corpse at that.

Geez, you wouldn't even wish school upon your worst enemy!

Not that you had one..

But luckily for you, Yumi kept a nice reminder of the current rumours in schools, just exactly what you needed to improve your state.

"Did you hear that there's a couple, one's in Y11 and the other's in Y7! They started dating like when the younger one was in in Y6, kindaa creepy if you ask me.."

"Wow really?"

"And that guy who's dating her! He's a total perv! You should've seen the way he looked at Sadie in Maths! I swear he's like cheating on that poor girl,"

"Poor girl.."

"And I heard Mr Matthews was caught with Mrs Smith in the broom cupboard doing yk, yk, and it was Mrs Matthews who saw them doing it! I think they'd get divorced but like Mrs Matthews doesn't want split-custody of her kids, and Mr Matthews has already had so many affairs, I bet she doesn't even care anymore."

"She doesn't care anymore?"

"Are you even listening Y/N?"

"Nope."
You say, popping the 'p'. Honestly though, tiring as school may be, you needed to try harder.

Not only would your mother be mad if you got less than straight 9s, she'd be infuriated if she knew you were slacking off. And no matter how tired you were, you feared your mother more than your fatigue had effect on you.

Besides, if you slept like a sloth for like 48 hours on the weekend, you'd surely be refreshed once you woke up for school on Monday?
But to sleep is a dream, and the weekend could not come any sooner, especially to a Monday..

You began to straighten up, your slouch gone as you finalised your decision to try hard. Stretching your arms and trying to win the fight against your closing eyelids. Alright, it was everything or nothing! If you were gonna try fight the sleep, you'd better bring your A-Game! No less! 

"Yumi."

You even brought a serious tone out!

"Huuh? Yeah?"
Even Yumi's demonic energy was no match for the wrathful tiredness that enveloped everyone in school. Looking around, it actually only seemed that Yumi was basking in this sleep deprivation, likely due to her online activities at hours that you don't want know about. You wondered how she got out of bed in the morning, or coffin as she once stated, but you had yet to confirm that fact.

"Can you come to the bathroom with me? I wanna go freshen up but I'll probably fall asleep over the sink if I go alone.."

"Yeah, totally sure.."

Yumi's delirious state allowed for anything. In fact, once you asked her to eat her (old) English book in this state, and she did! (Only the front few pages before she woke up fully and got mad unfortunately), but even so, it was certainly the first of similar experiments involving your previously mentioned friend. You felt a bit of pity, but it was her own fault! You were just.. testing her limits, to say?

This little motivational boost you had didn't go unnoticed, as you finished up your bathroom tasks, you bumped into someone you had seen before, very very recently.

The new girl with the buttery green hair! Her hair looked so good and you were so hungry, she wouldn't mind if you took a bite, would she? Wait no! Uck, is that drool on your chin? You quickly wiped it away and hoped that she didn't notice, also in the process, also noticing your face temperature rise suddenly.