💣IG LIVE💣

HAYNESVILLE, LOUISIANA.

It was late in the night, my mom had fallen asleep and I was making pancakes for my siblings. Yes, I still live with my mom, so what? The way this economy is, I'll be broke before I even step out the door. I am saving up for college though.

"What song we playin next y'all?" I asked as my speaker softly played 90s slow jams.

I stared at the comments.

"J. cole,"

"Kendrick,"

"Kanye,"

"NBA youngboy,"

Were all I saw.

"NBA youngboy?" I mumbled. "Who tha hell is dat?"

Now before you get on my ass let me explain, I never heard any of Yb's music fully, I've only heard them on short memes or tik toks. My whole like I've only listened to rappers like, Tupac, Kendrick, J. Cole, Biggie Smalls, and Dj Quik.

"What song y'all want me to play from Yb?" I went to go flip a pancake and came back to my phone. "...Wanna hear neighborhood superstar?"

"Yes,"

"YES,"

"Yeah, play that shit,"

"Turn uppp,"

I grabbed my other phone and paused the current music. Going to the search bar, I searched up "NBA youngboy, Neighborhood Superstar,"

When I pressed entered. I clicked on the first video.

I rolled my eyes as an ad started playing, it was unskippable too. I went back to my pancake. Using the spatula I lifted the pancake and put it on top of another pancake. When the ad ended the song started playing, I quickly came back to my iphone, "I didn't know he collabed with Dababy,"

I turned the volume up alittle, looking at the music video, I saw this guy who had small twist hanging from his head. Some of the twist touched his face. He was tall, skinny, nice brown skin, a tattoo above his eyebrow. He looked good. (I should've said this in the beginning, but, I have two phones...one for the ig live (android), and the second one for the music (iPhone) ).

The instrumental consumed my body and before I realized it, I started nodding to the beat. Yb and dababy's lyrics flooded into my mind.

I swayed my hips as I moved over to the pan, putting pancake batter into the pan, I came back to my android and saw people in the comments dancing.

"Ayyyee,"

"Okayy,"

"💃💃,"

"🕺🕺,"

"🤪🤪,"

"Go bestie!!," Brooklyn commented. She's my high-school best friend, we do everything together and I trust her with my heart and soul.

I laughed. "Woow, Brook you should've put me on dis, you gate keeping nie?"

"Now don't do that girl, you always talked about how modern rappers sound the same,"

I smiled and followed it with a laugh, she was right, in my opinion they all sounded the same, autotune, mumbling, good beats but the lyrics were either ass or didn't make since...